/dist/images/branding/favicon

Repairing CS servo?

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Wing Gee, Aug 1, 2012.

1. Wing Gee

Wing Gee New Member

Hi, My pan axis servo developed a problem. This is on a new 3axis CS gimbal, that has had only 2 flights, the pan servo wasn't even hooked up. I powered it up and sometimes the servo will just keep rotating and doesn't respond to TX movement. Sometimes If I power on and off, the servo will just sit there not doing anything and no response from TX stick movements. The resistor is in place on the servo. The night before it was working just fine. I was curious if you guys had any ideas or suggestions. I already purchased another one, but I would like to fix this one to use as a spare. Can this be sent out to get repaired for a reasonable cost?

Thanks
    Wing

2. Tabb Firchau

Tabb Firchau Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Wing, it sounds to me like it is getting intermittent connection on the resistor. Make sure that resistor is FIRMLY seated in the housing. If that does not work it sounds like it may have a problem which you likely cannot fix. If that is the case contact your reseller about a return.

Thanks
    Tabb

3. Wing Gee

Wing Gee New Member

Thanks Tabb,

Yeah, sounds like the servo might be dead. I've disconnected/reconnected the resistor numerous times without luck. I'll take it apart and see if anything looks odd on the board.

Thanks again.