/dist/images/branding/favicon

Wookong M COG and Postion on Cinestar 8

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Philipp Goose, Aug 28, 2012.

1. ebad mohammadpoor

ebad mohammadpoor New Member

hi there im from iran and my english is not much good
    i set up an cs8 with wkm and 17' props and dont know what gaine i should give.can u please help me?

2. ebad mohammadpoor

motor to motor distance are 125 cm
    im using mt3520 kv400
    t-motor 17-5-8 carbon props
    when i fly its not smooth and try to get around and som times its gettin up whithout any throttle changes.i think its the gain problem

3. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Ebad:
    Welcome to the forum. There are several folks who fly WKM and they may be able to help you. Unfortunately, I'm not one of them.

Andy.

4. Tristan Twisselman

Tristan Twisselman Active Member

I think your props may be a tad bit big for those motors. What are your gains and your copters auw?

5. Bill Collydas

Bill Collydas Active Member

Ebad Tristan is right your props are too big. Go down to 15x5 or even 14x6 and give it a try.

Bill

6. ebad mohammadpoor

Hi finally got that gains 140 140 13, 150 80 80
    And I think u wrong biggerprops=more stable copter I fly wery nice with 10 kg app and I will upload an vido soon

7. Tuukka Ylonen

Tuukka Ylonen Member

I am having a little stability problems with my Cinestar-8 and Wookong-M (IMU V2) combo.

Other copter specs are:

Kopterworx KW 8 motors
    13x6.5 and 14x6 Xoar props
    Maytech 60A ESC´s
    2 x 5000mAh 5s lipos

The gains are pictured below.

The problem is that on 13x6.5 the copter flies better (more stable in wind) but the flight time with 13x6.5 props is around 20% less than with 14x6 props. So I would like to be able to use the 14x6 props off course.

On a windy day the footage from my Mövi M5 attached to the copter is not completely stable anymore. Especially the yaw axle oscillates a little all the time. I am flying with GPS Atti on a windy day mostly.

The gains and balancing are carefully done on the Mövi and I think it is not a problem of the Mövi but rather the problem of the copter.

I have been thinking of re-configuring my CS8 into a X8. Or trying different props.

Are there any prop recommendations for my combo or any opinions about the gains? Or any opinions about the Cinestar stability as an X8?

Thanks

Attached Files:

8. Jason Herring

Jason Herring Member

Marc, I have an x8 13lbs no camera yet , just testing with t motor 4014 16in prop, with wkm, I had gains at 100 across the board , idel speed to stock setting, I add a1000 grams to simulate a small camera for testing, on take off it goes up fine I yaw it a little put it back to center and out of know where the x8 get crazy side to side action, I can't figure it out. Any ideas? I haven't been able to fly more than 30sec with the new bird. I find it strange that wkm doesn't have a imu advanced calibration, I have the batterys on the top plate 2 6s 8000 weight 5lbs, could the problem be, gain, prop size, idel speed, with the 4014 t motor 330kv? Going crazy :) any help would be great,
    Thanks,
    Jason