/dist/images/branding/favicon

My dog and my Alexmos gimbal don't mix

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Jason Herring, Nov 29, 2013.

1. Jason Herring

Jason Herring Member

I was tuning my alexmos gimbal and all of a sudden my crazy pug ran through the area I was working in , hocked the usb cable on his leg and bent my USB port on the gimbal controller, it's still attached but doesn't have connectivity ,

Any ideas on how to fix this?,

Thanks,
    Happy belated turkey day :)

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Jason:
    You'll need to find an electronics technician with a hot air re-work soldering station. The USB connector is surface mounted -- so all the connections are on the "top" surface of the board on the side where the USB connector is mounted. The technician should also be able to find a suitable USB connector to replace the mangled one (which is probably what happened during the pug encounter).

The other alternative might be to send it back to to Aleksey -- who has a new website, by the way: http://www.basecamelectronics.com/
    That will take longer but might be cheaper. The email address (as you will see if you go to that site) is info@basecamelectronics.com

Andy.

3. Sean Haverstock

Hey Jason,

I ripped a USB port out and sent it back to flyduino in Deutschland. They fixed it right up. They weren't sure if they could fix it but they did. If you have a flyduino board I would shoot them an email with a photo.

Sean

4. Jason Herring

Jason Herring Member

Will do , thanks so much