/dist/images/branding/favicon

Flashing green lights

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Carl F. Coates, Dec 10, 2013.

1. Carl F. Coates

Carl F. Coates New Member

Movi 10 went on maiden voyage today and worked great....until last shot when it wouldn't turn on. Flashing green lights.

Tried fresh batteries and same result. Didn't have time to troubleshoot . Looking for tips so I can hit the ground running tomorrow .

Any help appreciated

2. Brett Harrison

Brett Harrison Active Member

This has happened to me. In my case it was due to a plug coming slightly unseated in its port on the tilt motor. Check all the connections to motors and the base sensor (beneath the camera). Gently but firmly push on the hard plastic jack (don't push on the wires) and compare visually that they are all seated to the same degree.

3. Fritz Mueller

Fritz Mueller New Member

In our experience it's likely a loose encoder wire to one of the three motors. I would look first at the encoder wire to the Pan motor as it can gradually work loose as you connect and disconnect the LIPO battery. Visually inspect the wires very closely where they connect to the motors - we had to invert our MoVI and use a strong flashlight to get a good view of the Pan encoder wire. Use something like a blunt screwdriver to reach in and firmly seat the encoder wire connector while being careful not to damage the wires. Hope this helps.

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

The other cause is if the MōVI is not held still when you power it on. The inertial motion unit (IMU) cannot initialize and it registers its protest by all three green lights flashing rapidly. That's not to contradict what Brett and Fritz say -- it's just one more reason you will get the three flashing LEDs.

Andy.