/dist/images/branding/favicon

Hyundai Fifa Commercial

Discussion in 'MōVI Showcase (Photo/Video)' started by James Milner-Smyth, Dec 3, 2013.

1. James Milner-Smyth

James Milner-Smyth New Member

Some of the shots in here are Movi. The beach shots of the kids 14-18 seconds: some running hand-held, some on a dune buggy. On the road with the cars from a flatbed at 28 secs, and passing the Brasilians at 32 secs. Shot by our operator Ken Schijf.

Attached Files:

2. Michael Elsegood

Hi James

Fantastic stuff!

The MōVI is Such a great way of having "tracks" on the beach..

Did you have any BTS shots of how the MoVI was mounted to the flatbed?

Congrats on the job.

3. James Milner-Smyth

Sure, the MoVI was suspended on a scaff pole boom arm for maximum flexibility. Teradek Bolt sending image to AC and Director with focus on an RT Motion. Some improvised cabling you will see due to various issues. image 4.jpeg

ss kiran reddy likes this.
  4. ss kiran reddy

ss kiran reddy New Member

Hi James,
    I am about to decide in buying the Follow Focus between the RT Motion and the Axis1. Could you please enlighten me on the RTM and if possible on any of your experience with the Axis1. Thank you in anticipation.

5. James Milner-Smyth

I haven't used the Axis 1 so can't really speak for it. But the guy who is behind them has been incredibly helpful in sorting out all sorts of Steadicam powering cables and things for us so I know they are good guys.

The RT Motion 3.1 is a thing of beauty, at any price range, let alone where it is priced right now. Really well made and lovely to handle. And the receiver is small and light.

You have the advantage of being able to add a direct thumb-rocker (like the Red Rock) for doing your own focus while operating.

They are also thinking of making a combined single channel receiver/motor, which would be very helpful to Movi people.

You can also power the receiver directly from the Movi Lipo battery with a JST splitter and suitable cable. It can handle up to 17V no problem.

Hope that helps!

ss kiran reddy likes this.
  6. ss kiran reddy

ss kiran reddy New Member

Thanks for the reply Mr. James.

7. Tabb Firchau

Tabb Firchau Administrator
    Staff Member

Fantastic work...thanks for sharing. Beach shots were beautiful

Tabb

Ken Schijf likes this.