/dist/images/branding/favicon

RedRock Wireless Remote FF Ship Time

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Sam Windell, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Sam Windell

Sam Windell Member

Anyone have any luck or know some connects to get a redrock micro wireless ff faster than bhphotovideo or red rock's site? I emailed them and they said to buy direct (30 day lead time) even though BH says 7-14. Wanting to get one before the end of the month to use with MoVI. Slightly worried I may have to wait a month to be able to pull focus while I already have everything else to boot and now finally have the funds to pull the trigger on purchase for FF.

2. Chris Durkee

Chris Durkee Member

hate to bear bad news but I didn't find anything and hopefully you have better luck with them than I did... I got the 30 day lead time which actually turned into 60... :(

3. Sam Windell

Sam Windell Member

Crappp. That's a little unpleasant to hear...did you order thru red rock or bhphoto?

4. Chris Durkee

Chris Durkee Member

yea sorry. Redrock. try through bh i guess?

5. Garry Clarke

Garry Clarke Member

Its more bad news from me as well Sam. I ordered one direct from RR on Oct 31st and was told it'd be 30 days as well.
    A recent email from them suggested it'd be here mid December, which is a bummer as its the last remaining piece of the Movi puzzle for me too. Not sure why B&H are quoting 7-14 days unless they had a pre-existing ordered with RR that is due in soon. It might be worth your while giving them a call.

Cheers
    Garry

6. Chris Durkee

Chris Durkee Member

sounds like red rock wasn't ready for a slew of Movi owners ordering their remote FF.

7. Garry Clarke

Garry Clarke Member

They'd be loving the sudden increase in income leading up to Xmas though.

8. Austin Glass

Austin Glass Active Member

I have a second unit on order for 30 days as of tomorrow… something tells me it's not going to make it!

9. Garry Clarke

Garry Clarke Member

Mines was 30 days as of the 1st of dec, so I may be in the same boat Austin. I emailed them a few hours ago to get an update on delivery, but due to me being in Australia, the time difference meant it was after hours for them, so I don't expect a response until tomorrow. I'd be great to have it before xmas, so we can get out and get some practice with it. But we'll just have to be patient I guess.

Cheers

10. William Carnahan

William Carnahan New Member

Ordered one from BH about 10 days ago... Havnt heard anything yet... Maybe till day 14 and I start emailing.

11. Wolfgang Armin

Wolfgang Armin Active Member

Ordered on Oct. 25th from Redrock Micro, and no word yet. I do prefer companies with a customer service that will tell you when things get delayed. An automated Email is just fine, but no word at all... :-(

12. Sam Windell

Sam Windell Member

Thanks for the heads up guys. I definitely can't afford to be down that long as I have several shoots in the next month and half that will need FF on there. RedRock micro and Bhphoto should really be more accurate on their ship times, when deadlines for us filmmakers are crucial. I've decided to bite the bullet and go with the Axis1. My wallet says gasp, but I think it'll be worth its weight in gold AND get this. They can ship as early as next week. I got an email back within one hour of inquiry. A++ customer service.

13. Garry Clarke

Garry Clarke Member

Good morning.
    I got a response to my email from RR saying my FF will be shipped in about 2 weeks, which will make it closer to 60 days after placing the order.....not 30 as they said it'd be. Very disappointing performance. I'm somehow glad I don't have any worked lined up for it as I'd be stressing big time. I'd love to bite the bullet as well Sam and go with the Axis1 route as well, but funds won't allow at this stage.

Good luck with everything Sam.

Cheers
    Garry

14. Sam Windell

Sam Windell Member

That's the situation I'm in currently. Gotta just put all the money from a couple shoots straight into acquiring it. Frustrating, but kind of excited to get something a little nicer with better customer service. By the way has anyone tried rappelling the MoVI yet? Been looking for some solutions to run a cabling system off of rooftops. Saw the Cambodia post about Freefly's custom carbon fiber rings and didn't seem to be a good solution.

15. Wolfgang Armin

Just sent an email to rr - they said it should ship by the end of the week, latest mid next week. I ordered on Oct 25th.

16. Simeon Quarrie

Simeon Quarrie New Member

I was Told 14-30 days. Sorry...It was about 7weeks for me through a dealer.

17. Loren Simons

Loren Simons Member

Hey Guys,

I wanted to clear a few things up here, as well as offer a bit of insight.

For a while now we've been on a 30 business day lead time for the microRemote. We've been swamped with orders and building the units as fast as we can. We have a huge amount of demand and we're building a staggering amount of product from our factory in Texas, but I completely understand for some the turn-around time just isn't good enough. But just to clarify, 30 business days is 6 calendar weeks.

Freefly is now an Authorized Reseller of ours, and they will be stocking and shipping the microRemotes, so they will soon have some remote units available.

I of course can not speak for lead time's posted by other resellers like B&H that we have no control over, but when you purchase through our online store, we don't charge you until the unit ships. Which means you can essentially place your order with us to "grab a place in line", and then if a Reseller like Freefly receives stock while you're still waiting, you can grab a unit from them and cancel the order from us no hassle.

We're trying to get the microRemote into as many people's hands as possible, it's good for us and it's good for you. Redrock is a company made up of filmmakers, from myself to the two partners, we all make films and we all know what it takes.

Wolfgang

There is never an excuse for lack of communication. While I don't have any hand in the fulfillment department, you guys may all feel free to email me directly at lsimons@redrockmicro.com and I will do whatever I can to get you helped out.

18. Wolfgang Armin

Loren, thanks for your post.
    To be honest: I don't have a problem with delays if I am informed. But on my order I wasn't at all informed about the delay, not on the site and not in the order confirmation mail. B&H site said 7-14 days, your site didn't have any info on delay, so I ordered with you. After a week or so without communication, I asked and received the info of 30 business days lead time. 40 days later I had to ask again to learn that I have to wait another 10 days.
    If I knew fom the beginning that it was 2 months, or I would have received an automated update, I wouldn't complain at all.
    I'm just trying to make this world a better place, good communication makes our lives so much easier ;-).
    Cheers, Wolfgang.

19. Loren Simons

Loren Simons Member

Wolfgang,

100% agree. Constructive critizim is not only what makes the world go around, but forward;)

We have had the 30 Business Day Lead time posted on all microRemote Product Pages for the past few months though, right above the configuration options. Perhaps we'll need to come up with an additional way to notify customers though.

And the cogs begin to turn!

20. Wolfgang Armin

Loren, sorry my bad. I totally missed that piece of information! I appreciate your info!