/dist/images/branding/favicon

The best device for the configurator...

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Norbert Blenk, Nov 24, 2013.

1. Norbert Blenk

Norbert Blenk Member

Hello everybody,

i am a little confused about the mõvi configurator.
    Are there differences between the Mac, Windows and Android software?
    If using Android ... Which tablet will be the best to buy?

Thanks for your help
    Norbert

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

For the current versions the Windows version seems to be the most feature rich. e.g it has the ability to save several parameter "sets."

If you go with the Android, then a good tablet is the Google Nexus 7. The screen needs to be at least 7 inches.

Andy.

3. Ben Huddleston

I bought the Nexus 7 for mine (just because it was what all the Freefly guys use and I'm Android-ignorant), and I could not be happier. For $230, I got a great configurator, but I have also been using this thing nonstop to surf the web, email, all that. Watched 7 episodes of Breaking Bad on my last trip east on it, and screen is pretty amazing considering the money.

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

I like the Moko "carbon fiber" case for the Nexus 7. It has a hand-strap so you can "hold" the Nexus 7 without having to actually grip it. Great for watching videos while you're relaxing. I put a small patch of Velcro on the outside of the back and front parts of the clam-shell so that it holds the case open.

http://www.amazon.com/MoKo-Slim-fit-Google-Android-Tablet/dp/B008FLYROG

Oh, and just remember to go to Settings > Security > Install apps from unknown sources otherwise you cannot install the Configurator app.

And for some bizarre reason Google thinks that it's helpful to call its App Store the "Play store?" Hmmm. I suspect they did it because Apple threatened litigation when they called the App Store.
    Andy.

5. Kyler Zee

Kyler Zee New Member

I know it's been asked before, but when's the iOS version coming out? I know a lot of people who would love to use their iPads for this purpose.

-Kyler

6. Wolfgang Armin

Wolfgang Armin Active Member

Definitely - especially since I use the teradek clip with the iPad - would be awesome to have everything you need in one device.

7. Garry Clarke

Garry Clarke Member

Ditto on the availability of an iOS version. Any ideas when it might be available????? My Movi's on the way, so I'd love to be able to use my iPad and not have to buy an Andriod and have something else to learn......yuck;)

8. The App is currently available for (PC, Mac OS, and Android)
    Mac iOS (iPad & iPhone) is still being developed. I'm sorry but I do not have an exact release date for the iOS.

9. Kyler Zee

Kyler Zee New Member

Hi Chris, is there any way you could give us a rough estimate? Are we talking about a month, or about 6 months? A ballpark figure would be really great. Thanks!

-Kyler

10. Norbert Blenk

Norbert Blenk Member

Do i have to buy the newest Nexus 7 pad or will the older version of 2012 do the the job as well?

Thanks
    Norbert

11. Wolfgang Armin

Guys, I'd really love to hear an estimate on the iOS app, pretty please!!!

I'm not a big fan of buying another device (not only trying to save money, but also natural resources), I already have too many. But depending on the waiting time and the functionality of an upcomming iOS app, I might still do it.

I love the save option of the windows version, is this planned for iOS too? If not, I'd rather go for a windows tablet.

12. David Callahan

David Callahan New Member

Where would one download the Mac OS version?

13. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Front page of the Freefly website has all of them.

14. David Callahan

David Callahan New Member

Thanks. Looked everywhere but there! Support answered my ticket in about 2 minutes!

15. don lee

don lee Member

Looking to dedicate a device to the Movi and dont want to use a tablet. I wonder if I can buy an android and not get a service plan. Is it possible to move the app from a PC to an android via USB? thanks

16. The PC version of the app is different than the version for Android. Screen size for the Android tablet needs to be 7" minimum. Why would you need to buy a service plan when you could buy and Android tablet and use any wireless signal to download the app?

17. don lee

don lee Member

Thanks for the reply. I want to avoid a tablet, already have a Ipad. Are you saying the android phone is too small?

18. Yes, the Android phone currently will not work. The Mac iOS version of the app for iPhone and iPad is still under development. Only PC, Mac OS , and Android *7"inch minimum screen will work.

19. don lee

don lee Member

ok thanks very much for that.

20. Wolfgang Armin

Chris, can you give us any info on the planned functionality of the iOS version? I understand that there is no timetable for it, but if I at least knew if it will be able to store several settings like in the Windows version, I'd know what to do.