/dist/images/branding/favicon

Three 4s to Two 6s

Discussion in 'Batteries & Power' started by Howard Dapp, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Howard Dapp

Howard Dapp Active Member

I'm in the process of switching over to a 6s setup from 4s. I recently purchased three 4s 30c 8000mah packs that have not been used and are still sitting in the box. I'd like to hack them up into two 6s 30c 8000mah packs. Any pointers tips or advice? The tricky bit will be wiring up the balance connection. Can someone point me to any helpful tutorials?

2. Erik Ronald

Erik Ronald Member

subbing this, as I have 3 8s (electric bike) that are sitting unused right now and I'd love to repurpose them into something smaller and more manageable.

3. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Erik Ronald and Steve Maller like this.
  4. Graydon Tranquilla

I've seen a tech at a local hobby shop cannibalize used packs to make what he required for his RC vehicle..... best to do for a car or boat....
    Seems plausible if one is careful with the soldering as well as heat shrinking the new pack so wear safely goggles.

LiPos that have been properly maintained, stored and only used briefly can still be sold to others as I can attest thru eBay, KiJiJi, here or even on MRF - Multirotors forums... When selling I try to alleviate concerns by indicating they have been treated with TLC using a very good charger, never rapid charged, or depleted too far, stored at the correct storage voltage in a cool and dry location, balanced frequently with a high quality charger so as to remain within 0.01 volts per cell and will provide exact internal resistance of each cell at time of sale. Sold about 10 so far with no complaints...... but had to let them go for a low price. People are not willing to risk their aircraft to a used battery pack with unknown history.