/dist/images/branding/favicon

Cover for center plate on Cinestar 8

Discussion in 'Cinestar 8' started by Nathan Reim, Nov 19, 2013.

1. Nathan Reim

Nathan Reim Member

Hey guys I want to see if any of you guys have seen a cover for the cinestar frame, I am going to be flying in the Alps in Italy and I dont know if a shower cap is going to be enough. I was thinking an acrylic dome kinda like on the droid worx frames just a little bigger.

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

3. Nathan Reim

Nathan Reim Member

cool I requested a quote for one that was 6 inches high and 14 1/2 inches wide, think anyone else would buy one of these? It does add some protection from the elements as well in the case of a crash.

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Usually the concern is that the dome will cause overheating of the brushless controllers because of the restricted airflow.

5. Nathan Reim

Nathan Reim Member

yeah ive heard of that, but ive been flying my droidworx hex for two years with a dome and haven't had once issue, even with the hot and humid Carolina summers its never over heated. The place Ill be flying will be in the negatives to I actually think that it could be a good thing if it gets a little warm in there. By the way what is the temperature operating range for an MK system, I was told it could be a low as -30 at the top of the mountain we are wanting to fly around.

6. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

You might have to post that temperature range question on mikrokopter.de, Nathan. Not sure anyone here would know that. Sorry.
    Andy.

7. Tyler Olson

Tyler Olson Member

try find a clear acrylic sheet at 1mm or so which you can form and shape with a hot air gun.