/dist/images/branding/favicon

One eye video,

Discussion in 'Camera Mount Misc' started by Jason Herring, Nov 11, 2013.

1. Jason Herring

Jason Herring Member

2. Casey Van Nyhuis

Hey Jason.

Ya i tested some out a little while back and wasn't a huge fan. Number one it throws your depth perception right out the window. They also seem to let a ton of light in so on sunny days it was near impossible for me to see anything to clearly (granted this is a problem with most glasses). One other downside was the fact that i have a relatively small head....this caused to awkwardly placed weight of the one monitor in the lens to pull the glass down and off my face. All in all i liked the direction they were going but the execution wasn't all that good. I'd go with the Zeiss Cinemeizers personally. Expensive but they are the best i've seen.

3. Jason Herring

Jason Herring Member

Thanks Casey for the great feedback , with the other glasses do they lock you in to much? Or can you slide them down to keep line of sight of the copter ?
    Thanks so much,

4. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Cinemizers low on the nose and you can see over the tops. Best thing out there.

5. Jason Herring

Jason Herring Member

I looked on b&h and didn't see any spec for av in spec, can it take in stander def in?

6. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Jason
    Yes they can accept SD. You remove the HDMI adapter plate.
    You might also want to do a search on this forum for "cinemizer" -- there's been quite a lot of discussion.

But, I concur with Gary and Steve. They're the best thing out there.

Andy

7. Jason Herring

Jason Herring Member

Can anyone show me there setup? Do you put the receiver on a stand? Or mount it to the viewer?

8. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

I don't have an image of the setup, but I using 3M Dual Lock to hold the 1.3Ghz FPV downlink receiver on the back of a Small HD Monitor. I use an RCA Y-splitter to feed SD from one side of the split into a FPV Japan DVR (to record the FPV). This has a passthrough which I feed into a Small HD Monitor (which acts as a backup/spectator monitor).

The other side of the split is connected to the Cinemizer using a custom cable that has RCA on one end, and a 3.5mm TRRS plug on it that connects into the side of the Cinemizer control box (which I put into a pocket to make it easier to adjust things).

Warning: the Cinemizer uses a non-standard AV cable as far as the TRRS plug is concerned. Just buzz the cable when you get it and you can easily find the ground and video signals.

Hope that helps.
    Andy.