/dist/images/branding/favicon

Nyrius Aries Pro HD video downlink

Discussion in 'Video Assist & Video Accessories' started by Alex Wolski, Oct 29, 2013.

1. Alex Wolski

Alex Wolski New Member

Tim Sessler likes this.
  2. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

It works great. You can find threads on other forums discussing the differences between it and the other HD systems. Range has been acceptable for me. I rarely fly more than 250 ft horizontal distance and the Nyrius does fine.

Tim Sessler likes this.
  3. Tim Sessler

Tim Sessler Active Member

Interesting! One Amazon review mentions a 200 feet range in an open field. Could be very interesting if its combined with a high power antenna!! Great find! :)

4. Kristian C

Kristian C Member

Agree! Great find!

5. Guilherme Barbosa

Guilherme Barbosa Distributor

Hi Brad it does says it need pc ,... can you plug HDMI from camera direct into it and it will work?

6. Paul conto

Paul conto Member

Also I saw talk about a solder point for external antenna anyone try that yet?

7. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

HDMI from any source. You'll need a female to female HDMI adapter. Power will also need to be 5v in.

8. Erik Ronald

Erik Ronald Member

I ordered a set. This item, the Paralinx Arrow, and the IDX CW-1 are all housed in the exact same case, using the same technology (WHDI). There is a high probability that these are all the same unit. I'll take a go at soldering on an external antennae and report back.

9. Dan Kanes

Dan Kanes Member

I'm not one to dissuade anyone from experimentation - but if you compare other clones with similar plastics to a Paralinx Arrow or Arrow+ you will find some major differences.

Nothing compares to an original Paralinx Arrow or Arrow+

While a similar protocol (WHDI and WHDI Pro in the case of Arrow/+) quality control, components used, power amplifiers, main chipset micro controllers and code are completely different.

Dynamic Frequency selection is just one aspect of our product that will help you have higher image quality, range, and robustness against interference.

You will also find Paralinx Support second to none.

10. Alex Wolski

Alex Wolski New Member

Just got my unit in. I got a female HDMI to mini HDMI cable which worked just fine. While doing a ground test, I got to just over 300 feet before the I lost signal. The image is spectacular, much better than the lcd screen on the camera, no latency. If you have been using composite downlink for a long time; its like seeing the world anew. Eric, keep us all updated with trying to add an antenna.

11. Erik Ronald

Erik Ronald Member

Dan,

Thank you for taking the time to visit and comment. As a company founder, you have certainly shown considerable class and grace in your response to discussing what very well could be a classic case of Chinese 'innovation' on your original product. I appreciate the insight into how the Arrow stands apart from others going the same route tech-wise. Having originally looked to purchase the regular Arrow, I ended up seeking out another option as they are currently sold out and I need an hd link for an event at the end of the month.

If this product fails to live up to the hope I have for it, I will certainly be taking another look at the Arrow.

Thanks,

Eric

12. Erik Ronald

Erik Ronald Member

I received the Aries Pro today. I cracked it open and it is using, as expected, two diversity chip antennas on the transmitter, and five on the receiver. I am doing the research I can in the meantime, as I don't have the knowledge as to how one would solder a whip antenna to this. Any ideas? Here is some good information on chip antennas and their layout.

http://www.johansontechnology.com/t...p-antenna-mounting-and-tuning-techniques.html

13. TROU BAYLISS

TROU BAYLISS Member

14. Erik Ronald

Erik Ronald Member

Thanks Trou, I will keep an eye on that. Looks like no one has actually soldered on an external antenna just yet, but one member is pretty close. I believe the ground will need to be at a different point as the chip antenna doesn't use a metal ground.