/dist/images/branding/favicon

C-stand and Tripod mount for Movi

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Jason Comparetto, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Jason Comparetto

Jason Comparetto Active Member

We set out to design a C-stand mount for the Movi, and also wanted to make a tripod mount. Combining the two features would be ideal, so we made an all-in-one solution. Its fully collapsible for transportation, and completely tool-less. Fits easily into the Cinema Oxide Pelican Case for Movi

You'll also be able to swap out the hooks at the end for a rigid mount, for mounting onto cranes, etc.

We will be accepting pre-orders on this device shortly.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Howard Dapp

Howard Dapp Active Member

I mentioned earlier that something like this needed to be developed. This is something that should have been shipped with movi. Not a fan of the stand that needs to be sitting on a table top...

What's the price?

3. Greg Hughs

Greg Hughs New Member

Jason,

I think there is a need here, for sure. Price and availability? Especially interested in the rigid mount.

Greg

4. James Leonzio

James Leonzio Member

Great stuff, Jason. Price?

I already have a next project for you. I'd love to be able to set the rig down on the ground easily, just so I don't need to have a person follow me around with a separate stand.

Could you make us a not-so-ghetto version of the below?

Attached Files:

5. bevan goldswain

Hi Jason

Thins looks great, but how does it adapt for hard mounting exactly?

6. Brett Harrison

Brett Harrison Active Member

Looks great as usual Jason, my only concern is that the stand isn't lockable and I always am loath to put it I even a table since it's so easy for the rig to fall out of that mount. Could you make something akin to the locking system that Proline has for their steadicam stand?

7. Joe Hell

Joe Hell Member

8. Ben Huddleston

At the training session a few weeks back Tabb said they would be releasing a kind of quick-release mount for safety rigging the M10 to a jib or a C stand or whatever. I'm going to wait and see what they come up with.

However, for a c-stand mount I've been using a large cardellini to simply clamp the Movi stand, and attach a gobo head to the cardellini on a c-stand. Pretty basic and functional.

9. Kyler Zee

Kyler Zee New Member

10. Jason Comparetto

Thanks for the support guys. I think some of you missed that it will feature "rigid mount" capability, which is not trivial. I will be posting an update on this soon. We decided to include the rigid mounts at no extra cost. By the way, if anyone figures out how to manufacture this for less than what we are selling it for, I'll be your best friend for a day.

11. Ben Huddleston

Jason, do you have any pics of the rigid mount system? If you pull off the rigid mount with some sort of quick-release mechanism, and beat Freefly to release it, you'll likely sell a lot of them. Also, consider putting a bubble level on top of it and having your C-stand mount point be a small ball head instead of a straight mount. That way the Movi stand could be leveled easily even when the C stand is not level.

12. Eric Ulbrich

Eric Ulbrich Member

This is a great stand! I have to say however the lack of it being able to actually capture and hold the movi makes it dangerous for me. Much like the stand that freefly ships, its just dangerous! Pop the caps off the top handle and slide the rail down a c-stand, safest thing I have done on any job so far.

13. Jason Comparetto

New announcement: Originally we were going to sell the hard mount feature separately for those that needed it, but due to overwhelming demand we will be including it in our base model. It can be used as a basic hook-like stand, or it can lock simply by flipping the latch. Super strong. Here are some photos:

[​IMG]

For more info, click here:
    http://www.cinemaoxide.com/movi-c-stand-mount.php

14. Eric Ulbrich

Eric Ulbrich Member

I really like this! Way to go Jason!

15. Charles Lim

Charles Lim Member

hey jason i order this quite a while back, when are these babies shipping?

16. Jason Comparetto

Shipping is scheduled for mid-late February. Thank you for your interest. Please email me at jason@CinemaOxide.com for other product updates. Thank you

17. Chris Herr

Chris Herr Member

Those C-stands need some dirt! If you position the MoVI away from the legs it will fall like a rock (personal experience). I've found that rolling stands are the best, similar to what steady cam generally uses.

18. Chris mierzwinski

Is there a way to lock the Movi top by with Jason's c stand mount? Or does it only hang like it does with the freefly stand?

I think I over saw the rest of the thread. Seems he now offers the hard locks with the c stand mount that will do just that :)

19. Charles Lim

Charles Lim Member

when will my unit be ship jason?