/dist/images/branding/favicon

Do software setting have to be saved?

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Fred Light, Nov 3, 2013.

1. Fred Light

Fred Light New Member

Once you set the software settings, do they automatically get saved on the MoVI? Or do I have to set them up every time I use the thing?

I see I'm at a "Mac disadvantage" with this system… I have all iDevices and Macs. Now Windows. No Android. I see with Windows software you can save the settings, but not so on the Mac side.

As an ugly Mac stepchild, how do I do it? :)

Thanks!

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Fred you have to 'write' the settings you change. On the Mac go to the 'Freefly Congiurator' menu, select System and then Write Config. It is ismilar on the Android and a bit difference on the PC but in all cases needs to be 'written' otherwise it won't be the default when you power up.

3. Nils Ruinet

Nils Ruinet Member

I think in future versions of the software, the "write config" button should be made a bit more apparent, maybe a button visible at all times and not something buried in a drop down menu. Many people seem to oversee the fact that they need to write config to save the changes they made.

Also, I hope the Android version will soon be able to save multiple configurations and recall them quickly. Perhaps we should be able to save separately the calibrations for different cameras, and the other parameters.

4. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Nils the multiple config saving has been noted over at Freefly. Currently it is in the Windows version but not Android or Mac OS X.