/dist/images/branding/favicon

Beefed up MOVI?

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Claire Kemp, Nov 1, 2013.

1. Claire Kemp

Claire Kemp New Member

Tested for the BBC apparently.... beefy movi.jpeg

2. Daphne Oram

Daphne Oram New Member

Wow, very nice.
    Where did you acquire that picture?
    Cheers, Daphne

3. Claire Kemp

Claire Kemp New Member

I would like to know if this will this be an upgrade kit, since it seems to be a working upgraded m10. Or will we have to bin our M10 and buy another entire new model just after we got our unit shipped?

4. Austin Glass

Austin Glass Active Member

Don't forget, ever since the beginning we knew there would eventually be an M20. This must just be a prototype.

5. Nils Ruinet

Nils Ruinet Member

I wonder what the M20 will end up being... I have a hard time imagining someone carrying something heavier than an M10 + Epic.
    I wouldn't be surprised if the M20 was a more complete rig, in the steadicam sense, with a support arm or something to support the weight and dampen the vibrations.
    A rig that can carry heavier cameras is nice, but then you have to carry the rig ;)
    I'm happy with the M10 which has found the sweet spot in my opinion, but still curious to see what they will come up with.

6. Tabb Firchau

Tabb Firchau Administrator
    Staff Member

Busted..... ;)

There is a lot of experimentation going on behind the doors at Freefly. This was the result of one of those experiments.....when I have something actionable to share, I will! For now this is just in testing phase.

Thanks

Tabb

7. Tabb Firchau

Tabb Firchau Administrator
    Staff Member

Completely agree Nils....we did a lot of testing and you can't get much bigger / heavier then the M10 and not ruin everything we love about the MoVI. M20 will require some new 'solutions' ;)

8. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

And get thee to the gymnasium while there's time!

Andy.

Justin Marx likes this.
  9. Claire Kemp

Claire Kemp New Member

Hi Tabb.

I'm interested in using an F55 on the M10 and I see this thread would be interested in your above solution:

http://forum.freeflysystems.com/index.php?threads/f55-compability.2159/

What you've done there seems pretty cool. What is your expected date for some sort of mod, or offering like above, capable of holding a longer F55 build? This year, or 2014...?

Claire

10. Daphne Oram

Daphne Oram New Member

Wow, very nice.
    Where did you acquire that picture?
    Cheers, Daphne

11. Claire Kemp

Claire Kemp New Member

Hi Daphne.

I found it on the net. I assume you work for Freefly? Do you think you could ask Tabb for a response to the likelihood of it being available sometime?

thanks, Claire

12. Daphne Oram

Daphne Oram New Member

Hi Claire,

No, I do not work for freefly. My husband and I do joint video/photo projects together and I was trying to find out where the image was from/taken so I could send him the link, as he currently has a deposit down on a MoVI.

Where on the net did you find it? Did they have a written article with it?

Cheers, Daphne

13. Hi Claire...This is Denise, I believe we have spoken in some support tickets. Tabb responded earlier in this thread and unfortunately, we don't have an estimated launch date yet for this type of modification but we are working to find the best solution and once we have it, we will definitely let folks know.

14. Claire Kemp

Claire Kemp New Member

Hi Daphne.

It was on google images, can't remember the search terms. There wasn't any info on the site other than it was for the BBC. I'd love to be able to use the F55 but I think M10 doesn't fit as it is - it needs more clearance. The modification in the picture does look awesome. If I had seen that picture earlier, I might have been tempted to wait to see what emerges for the F55, as there's no indication when or how much it'll cost to change the current M10 to fit that camera, if you will be able to at all....

Any clues please Freefly?

Good luck!

15. Claire Kemp

Claire Kemp New Member

Yes, thanks Denise.