/dist/images/branding/favicon

Syncing Movi M10 To Spektrum DX7S

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Zach Rockenstyre, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Zach Rockenstyre

Zach Rockenstyre New Member

Hello All,

My name is Zach Rockenstyre and I'm part of the team at Hello World Communications in New York. We are looking to rent out the Movi M10 and we've been struggling to get it up to speed to be prepared to go out into the world. The biggest problem me and my colleagues have had is re-syncing the M10 to our Spektrum Dx7s remote. We have been using the Freefly Configurator software on a PC via bluetooth. The device is recognized by our PC as FFS-F59C and appears as a connection option (COM6 or COM7) in the Connect box of the Configurator software. However, when we click "Configuration" and subsequently click on the system tab, nothing drops down to bind our remote. Also, on the side bar of the Configurator, under status, all we've got is "---". When we boot the Configurator, it says BOOT for around 5 seconds before switching to "---".

I've had a much easier time using the Freefly Configurator on our macs. It easily connects to the M10 and can adjust parameters no problem. The only issue on our Macs is that it will not bind to the remote. Any tips on how to easier accomplish this surprisingly difficult task is greatly appreciated. Also, if there are any Freefly reps interested and available to conduct a demo in our office, we would be thrilled by the opportunity to familiarize ourselves and our customers with the M10.

Thanks,
    Zach

zach@hwc.tv
    212-243-8800

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Zach: I would file a support request directly with FF on this. support@freeflystems.com

I don't believe that anyone else has reported the same problem (or if that have, not with the same clarity and level of detail! :) )
    Andy.

3. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

My first question would be how did it become unsynced in the first place.

4. Mitch Firchau

Mitch Firchau New Member

Great Video by Jeff at Quadrocopter
    Since your software is acting weird and giving you the ---- I would delete it and try re-installing and seeing if that works.

Mitch

5. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Zach: An afterthought.....after the computer "sees" the FF device on COM6 or 7, have you "paired" the MoVI with the Operating System.
    If you click right on the Blue Tooth icon in the system tray you may see a "pair new device" -- select that, and for the code, enter 1234.
    EDIT: The procedure is covered in the MōVI manual on page 03-P19.

Can you confirm that you have done this pairing before you tried to select "Connect" in the FF Configuration App, please? If you have perhaps overlooked this step, do it and then try the Connect again and let us know what happens.

Thanks
    Andy.

6. Zach Rockenstyre

Andy, Brad, & Mitch,

Thanks for all of the advice. Sadly, we have tried these suggestions. We have installed and uninstalled the software, installed it in on a different PC altogether, and tried switching the battery. Then we removed the movi as a device and re-added it. I've tried moving the movi to different locations, thinking maybe there was interference in the bluetooth signal. We've also tried on/offing the remote.

We had the remote working fine when we first received it. One of our staff members tried to pick up the remote and fire up the Movi. Not realizing it takes a minute to boot and sync, he tried hitting the "bind" button on the remote inadvertently unbinding it. Unfortunately, I wasn't around to stop him.

I'm going to try some of these suggestions again in the meantime, but if you guys have any other ideas, we're open to trying them. Everyone who walks through the door seems to be asking about the Movi. Thanks again for your help. That video was super useful for going over some of the remote's features for when we do get it going again.

Thanks,
    Zach

7. Mitch Bligh

Mitch Bligh Member

I have the same problem with Bluetooth connectivity via PC. It works fine on the Mac but our work PC sees Movi, pairs, but will not communicate with it. I've reported this problem on this forum.

8. Zach Rockenstyre

Mitch & Flight Squad,

We were able to get our M10 going. We ended up resetting on our Mac Freefly Configurator, reinstalling on the PC and removing the m10 from bluetooth before re-entering it. Also, it is important to note that we had to click the "Connect:" area/button and wait around 30-45 seconds before the m10 would connect to our PC. It appeared as if the software had froze, but you just have to be patient while it connects. Our staff had tried clicking this in the past, but we weren't really positive whether or not it was a button to be completely honest. At this point I'm not sure if there was a bug in our software or we just hadn't known enough to click this button and wait for it to connect, but either way we got ours working. We would still love to host a demo if/when it were possible here in New York. Best of luck to you Mitch!

Thanks,
    Zach

9. Mitch Bligh

Mitch Bligh Member

Awesome Zack. I'll give it another go! This stuff is so frustrating.