/dist/images/branding/favicon

Remote Control

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Marcus Samperi, Oct 18, 2013.

1. Marcus Samperi

Marcus Samperi New Member

Hi Guys,

I am having issues connecting my Spektrum DX7S Remote to the MoVi Rig... I have the following settings in place:

Radio Type: DSMX 2048
    Map RC Mode: 6
    Map Remote Pan: -2
    Map Remote Pan Rate: 1
    Map Remote Tilt: -3
    Map Remote Tilt Rate: -7

Map Remote Roll Trim: -4

I have also following the instructions to:

Select 'Bind Radio' in Configurator
    Restarting the MoVi
    Turning on Radio whilst holding 'Bind' button

But, to no avail. Help!

Thanks in advance.
    Marcus

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Marcus have you entered a help ticket at the Freefly support email?

3. Marcus Samperi

Hi Gary,

Yes, I have... I saw that I had an email through with instructions, so replied to that after I posted this thread. Just to let you know... I have now managed to get the remote connected to the M10. However, I seem to have an issue. I have perfect balance when the unit is turned off, I have perfect balance when the unit is in 'Majestic Mode', but, as soon as I connect the remote the rig does the following:

1. A very slow pan to the right - slowly going round in circles.
    2. The camera constantly tilts to the sky and then stops.

But, like I said earlier, the balance is ok when the unit is switched off.

I am confused.

Marcus

4. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

Check that the 'trim' buttons and indicators are centered on the transmitter. Also do a stick calibration as shown in the transmitter manual.

5. Marcus Samperi

The 'Trim' buttons/switches seem to default back to centre automatically.

I have tried adjusting the screws on the back of the remote with no effect.

I have hit a dead end now :-(

6. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

Yes they center. What are the trim indicators showing? Are they centered?

7. Marcus Samperi

Oh... Just noticed the error of my ways. When holding the trim switches, I noticed there was a buzz that I assume is centre. Anyway I set both on that buzz and it seems to work.

Now, though the camera seems to be leaning to the left. Is this something to do with the screws on the back do you think? Just a thought...

8. Marcus Samperi

Don't worry - it's just the trims....

That has sorted everything out.

Thanks for your help Gary! Much appreciated!

9. Alex Hadjiloukas

Alex Hadjiloukas New Member

Hi Marcus,

I'm currently experience the same problems you were having in your first post: I simply cannot seem to get the remote to communicate with the Movi. I went into the Configurator and plugged in all the correct settings, but still nothing. In your second post you said that you were eventually able to get it connected, could you please explain the steps you took to do so?

Thanks!

10. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

Alex, which type radio system do you have and did you bind your receiver to your transmitter?

11. Alex Hadjiloukas

Alex Hadjiloukas New Member

The radio type is DSMX 2048. I did not bind the receiver, how is that done? If I'm not mistaken, doesn't the transmitter/receiver arrive already paired (I'm using the remote that came with the Movi)?

12. Marcus Samperi

Hi Alex,

The process that I went through is:

1. Balance the rig with the it turned off

2. Within the delivery box of the Remote Control there comes a Receiver box, with 2x Antennas, connected to a plug box. Remove the Receiver from the plug box and connect to the bottom of the CPU on the rig.

3. Turn on the MoVi Rig

4. With a bluetooth enabled PC (Mac's and App's don't work at present), open the software that can be downloaded from the freeflysystems.com website and connect to the rig. Have you paired your rig to your PC? If not, this will have to be done first.

5. Open the configurator window.

6. Within this window click on System and a drop down menu appears.

7. Select 'Radio Bind'

8. You will be prompted to turn off and on the the MoVi Rig. Turn the rig off and on.

9. When you turn the rig on the rig an orange light will flash repeatedly. During this time turn on the remote control and hold down the 'bind' button on the back of the remote. This is the black button on the back left. Keep your finger on this button until the spectrum logo appears, then let go.

10. You will know when it has successfully been bind because once the remote settles on the home page you will be able to toggle the pan and tilt using the joystick on the right. It may take a couple of tries but it does work.

I hope this helps.

Marcus

13. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

Sorry Alex, I was working under the assumption that you had the MR. Someone in another thread had the same question with a MR.

Your radio should have come bound to the receiver.

First check to make sure you do not have the mode switch in the standby position. When you power the MoVI on with the Spektrum transmitter in the off position does it power up and work normally? If yes try powering on the transmitter. Now depending on what position the mode switch is in, one of 3 things will happen. Mode switch in majestic, no change but you should have tilt control with the transmitter. Mode switch in dual op mode, you should have tilt and pan control. Mode switch in standby, the motors will power down and be in standby.

You should also be getting a light on the receiver when the transmitter is powered on. If not, it's either not powered (unlikely, but check the cable connection and ensure properly seated) or possibly became unbound to your transmitter. Marcus' instructions above should be able to help you using the PC version of the software. Skip step 2 as that's already mounted to your MoVI CPU. Just make sure it's plugged in.

14. Hugh Fenton

Hugh Fenton New Member

Hey guys,
    I tried to bind my spektrum dx8 remote control to my m10 today and couldn't get it to bind? Any ideas. I have followed the step by step instructions by Marcus Samperi but I couldn't get it to work. The orange light never came on for starters...
    Any help is appreciated,
    Hugh : )