/dist/images/branding/favicon

Spektrum DX6i

Discussion in 'Radian' started by Paul Gibson, Sep 23, 2013.

1. Paul Gibson

Paul Gibson New Member

Hello, after spending quite a bit of time on here looking for answers, is there a complete 'dummies' initial set-up guide for a Spektrum DX6i transmitter? I'm using 3 Axis Radian and having issues getting the transmitter to send any signals to the radian. There is some movements showing on the input monitor in the software, but the gimbal isn't moving at all. So, is there a guide as to the settings required within the Spektrum to get an initial set-up? thanks.

2. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

Do you have a 3 position switch assigned as the mode switch? If the mode switch is in the off position you won't have control of the gimbal. Also make sure the check unless using Spektrum box is unchecked in the software. Each radian also had to be programmed separately, and each assigned to its position. You shouldn't have to change anything in the Spektrum transmitter itself.

3. Paul Gibson

Paul Gibson New Member

Thanks for the reply. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Spektrum DX6i doesn't have a three position switch?

i shall try deselecting the Spektrum in the software, a bit odd considering that's what I'm using.

Paul

4. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Paul took a quick look a the online Spektrum site. If the DX6i doesn't have a three way switch you won't have a way to control the Radians modes (Off, Stabilized, Stabilized with control of Pan and tilt). And the marketing material doesn't say but on the photos I don't see any 3 way switches.

5. Scott Stemm

Scott Stemm Member

the DX6i doesn´t have a 3 way switch it has a 2 way so off or on are the choices

6. Matt Sharp

Matt Sharp Member

You can program a mix on the dx6i to create a 3 position function on the gear channel. The programming can be a bit tricky, but you can tailor it to your needs.

If the sliders are moving in the radian software then you are getting the correct communication. Make sure the sliders for slew are showing green. If they are red then the radians are seeing your input, but the control is disabled. You'll need to make sure your switch is assigned to enable stabilized slew.

7. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

So Hook up the receiver to a Radian and connect the Radian dongle. In the software take a look at the screen where you can see the mode position. With the Radian Mode assigned to a 2 position switch channel what do you see for values? I think you should see off and Mode 2 which is full on. Sorry I don't have access to my Radian at the moment.

8. Jason Smoker

Jason Smoker Active Member

9. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

Wow Jason, excellent find. Had no idea that was out there..

10. Jason Smoker

Jason Smoker Active Member

this is very old thread I kept for good measure!! :)

11. TROU BAYLISS

TROU BAYLISS Member

Is the DX8 any better than the DX6i ..for operating a radian / freely servo gimble
    and ..has any body had probems with a DX8 aileron pot ?? TROU

12. TROU BAYLISS

TROU BAYLISS Member

DXI MODE SWITCH .. has a channel ..its channel 5
    DX8 MODE SWITCH .. has no channel ..you have to give it one .. the gear switch is channel 5.
    in the ..SWITCH ASSINGMENT BOX .. change GEAR>GEAR .to GEAR >INH..
    now go to FLIGHT MODE INH same box .and click on INH ..and it will change to FLIGHT MODE GEAR ..which is channel 5. which will give u stab slew .off /on .black brown green n all that good sht that makes us smile .. hope i got this right .. cheer trou