/dist/images/branding/favicon

Mounting monitor to transmitter

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Brendan Isaac, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Brendan Isaac

Brendan Isaac New Member

Hey Guys - how are you mounting your monitor to your transmitter?

Tabb could we get some pictures and designs of your body brace/monitor mount set up please?

cheers guys

happy movi'ing!

2. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

3. Brendan Isaac

Brendan Isaac New Member

Amazing that beats the quote i just got to get a carbon fibre mold made haha :)

Thanks Brad!

4. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Available in the US at Esprit Model espritmodel.com

5. Nick Pujic

Nick Pujic New Member

Thanks Mike! That was very helpful!

6. Kevin Winkler

Kevin Winkler New Member

I ordered the entire kit with FPV Station For SE TX_Tray V1 and just got it and the movi today.

I also got a ac-7 small hd display but it wont mount to the FPV plate ........any suggestions. Not one of the screw holes match. Im thinking im going to have to make a bracket myself.

7. Mike Duval

Mike Duval Member

Here is what our FPV rig ended up being all assembled with the Secraft transmitter parts as listed above.

Small HD AC7 OLED with the universal battery adapter plate. We used the black thumb screws that normally attach the LP-E6 style plate to the monitor. Its a tight fit through the Secraft FPV monitor frame but it works. You can line up the two end screw holes to fit the central slots and screw the monitor directly to the tray.

For power these are the items we ended up settling on:
    Ikan Battery plate adapter for Sony L series batteries: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/753490-REG/Ikan_BP2T_S_BP2T_S_Sony_Battery_Plate.html We used this to power the Small HD monitor as they share the same barrel style connector size as the AC7 (2.1mm center positive plug).
    To power the Teradek Bolt Pro 3G Reciever we bought the Teradek Battery Plate for Sony L-Series to 2-pin Lemo. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/845755-REG/Teradek_BIT_635_Battery_Adapter_Plate_for.html

Now to mount the battery plates we did need to do a bit of modifying to the battery plate tray but all in all it was pretty simple stuff. We needed to drill and tap a 1/4-20 hole for the Ikan battery plate in order to mount it as shown (its the plate on the right). We ordered the following #7 drill bit http://www.mcmaster.com/#3146a179/=ov48ac. Then we tapped the hole to 1/4-20 with an Irwin Tap set. We also used a 1/2" Countersink bit to widen the central mounting hole to accept the 1/2" 1/4-20 Screws we had on hand (http://www.mcmaster.com/#90585a537/=ov4c3f).

For the Teradek power, luckily there was a hole in the monitor frame that lined up perfectly so we simply had to widen the hole and tap that one as well.

Overall the setup works really well. We ended up mounting the AC7 upside down to make cable access a bit easier. The unit is fairly front heavy so I'll be ordering the extended mounts for the transmitter tray but the setup works for now.

Anyways hope this helps those of you looking to set this type of unit up.

Mike

Attached Files:

Ikbal Arafa, John Pope and Kyler Zee like this.
  8. Frank-Michael Krause

Just wanted to throw this one in:

We are using a DP6 on the Secraft TX Tray. It fits perfectly!

9. Kevin Winkler

Kevin Winkler New Member

im glad it fits, the AC-7 does fit but it def puts pressure on the screw and is not idea especially when taking it on and off. We are getting a bracket made. If anyone else has a solution i would love to hear

10. Sam Windell

Sam Windell Member

I mounted the AC7 to the TX tray secraft sells. It is rather tight on the screws. I went to home depot and bought 6-32 threaded screws that are longer than the standard ones. I was able to screw them in to hold the LP-E6 battery adapter plate on, although pressure is pretty tight on screws still. I recommend shaving off part of the curves with a razor that the battery mount plate has near the screw holes for the AC7 if you plan on powering with canon batteries. Helped make it flatter to mount to the metal TX tray. Would love to see someone that made a bracket that may help with stress on screws. I should probably just splice a lipo to power both the monitor and paralinx to save myself the trouble of powering and mounting canon batteries.

11. Andrew Hewson

Andrew Hewson Member

Did you guys get the Large TX Tray or the small?

12. Mike Duval

Mike Duval Member

We got the small TX Tray Andrew.