/dist/images/branding/favicon

Radian Software only see's 8 channels of 10. Spectrum

Discussion in 'Radian' started by Brett Strand, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Brett Strand

Brett Strand New Member

I have a DX18 bound to a 10 ch rec and in the Radian Channel window only 8 are showing active. I'm trying to use the Aux channels to operated shutter IR device from Quadrocopter. Anyone have any ideas? 9-16 are red and cant figure how to activate.

Brett

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

3. Brett Strand

Brett Strand New Member

Thanks Andy, So what I'm reading is that My Spectrum Sat is only good for the first eight channels. That stinks because I wanted to use the 9th and tenth channel of my Rec. Is there any way to make 2 of the aux channels to work from my DX 18? I know I could just bind two receivers with a few sats and install one rec on the 360 and on back on the main craft but seems like too much work. Any Ideas with what I have now?

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

I'm not sure how to do that....I do recall seeing something on the forum from several months back, but don't remember it well enough to search for it. Let me email JohnC, the designer of the Radians, and ask him.

Andy

5. Brett Strand

Brett Strand New Member

Thanks very much for your time and help.

Regards, Brett

6. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Hi Brett: The response I got from John can be summarized like this:

I'm afraid that you can't have different channels for Spektrum and SBUS. All that happens is that Spektrum takes
    priority when the Spektrum signal is valid.

The signals are swapped around inside to make each stick on the radio appear on the same channel number, but John thinks that the problem you're having is that you're using the high-numbered SBUS channels for the single operator mode.

The 8 channel thing is that Spektrum only uses the first 8 channels. SBUS or Spektrum will appear in the upper 8 if valid.

Basically, he recommends that you connect it all up, see what changes when you do what, and pick the channels you want from there.

Hope this helps.
    Andy.