/dist/images/branding/favicon

"Pan Bar" style remote control for gimbals

Discussion in 'Camera Mount Misc' started by David Kellermann, Sep 20, 2013.

1. David Kellermann

Hi :)

I haven't been active in the forum for some while, since I have been, thank to the tremendous help on this forum, quite busy working with my Cinestar 8. While being happy with the stabilization I can get from the Freefly Radians or brushless gimbals (I don't own a MoVI unfortunately), I didn't liked to operate the camera through RC controls. I tried to figure out a nice (and cheap) solution.

I posted on reduser about this project, and thought that also many Freefly users might be interested in the remote system, since it will work with most, if not all, gimbals out there (haven't tested it on a MoVI yet, but it should work given that the MoVI features a Spektrum input).

Remote controller
    • "Pan Bar" design (reference photo)
    • based on MYT Works Satin head
    • works with PPM and Spektrum
    • usable also as a standard nodal head
    • V-mount / AB-mount and other industry standard batteries mounts
    • integration of RTmotions wireless follow focus system (finger wheel)
    Since I got many mails asking about how a pan bar system works, here's a video from Service Vision's Scorpio system. Ours will exactly work like that, but be smaller (based on the MYT Works Satin nodal head)

Would be interested in your opinion on this project and what you want to see incorporated. Also, I'm looking for some experienced testers for the prototypes.

Cheers
    David

2. David Kellermann

Some updates...

The pan bar remote controller is coming along nicely. I'll post some photos soon. MYT Works is now integrating the different RC protocols to make it work with virtually any gimbal out there.

The head will come in a custom laser cut Peli case. You can either set it up on a regular tripod or in the case.

Ariel Velez likes this.
  3. Carey Lee Coffey

Looks incredible David. I love the idea that the person doing the framing can also be doing the focusing. Cuts the labor in half. I'm very interested. Will this work with my existing sticks?

4. David Kellermann

Sure, you can use your regular sticks.

While pulling focus yourself works, I would only recommend it for documentary or aerial film-making. Otherwise a good focus puller is your best friend, especially when working with longer lenses :)

5. Carey Lee Coffey

Or for micro budget features ;)

6. Eric Ulbrich

Eric Ulbrich Member

price? Ive been searching for someone to help me create a set of wheels for my movi.

Tov Belling likes this.
  7. David Kellermann

My system will cost roughly 5.000USD, but there will be a group buy with a 50% discount.

8. David Kellermann

Things are going well. The hardware of the prototype is mostly ready, now it's mainly about the software. Can anyone think of a gimbal system out there which isn't compatible with either ppm or s.bus?

9. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

David the Spektrum line is also very popular. MoVI is Spektrum and s.bus.

10. Keith Harding

Keith Harding New Member

Not sure if you got my last post..... new to this forum.. This pan/bar controller system has the wheel controller as an option. The UK agent is www.beyondhd.tv and the manufacturer of the Black Armored Drone is Intuitive Aerial of Sweden. drone-bar.jpg

Tov Belling likes this.
  11. Ariel Velez

Ariel Velez New Member

Hello Guy, sound interesting, where can I buy one of them? Thanks

12. Tracy Toledo

Tracy Toledo New Member

Great stuff you got there.