/dist/images/branding/favicon

MK Problem

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by steve bourne, Sep 22, 2013.

1. steve bourne

steve bourne New Member

Aircraft Type: C6
    Gimbal Type: 2 axis FF

Camera/Lens Being Flown: gopro
    MK Stack: FC Navi GPS
    Flight Radio/Recv Type: Graupner MX20
    Software version installed: trying to complete installation of MK v2.0 for Navi, FC loaded v2.0

Symptoms: MK tool says a firmware 128 (compass) (this was recalibrated several times)

Please supply a .txt file with your settings. Here's how to extract them and add them as a file that can be uploaded.
    1. Connect up MK Tool via USB cable/Wifi/BT to the copter.
    2. Start up MK Tool, and click on Settings.
    3. Click on the Save button at the lower right hand corner.
    4. Give the file a name and navigate to where you want to save it. The file will be of type .mkp (it's actually just a straight text file so you can open it with any text editor/Notepad/Wordpad).
    5. Rename the file (either change the .mkp to .txt or suffix the .mkp with .txt giving name.mkp.txt). You need to do this to upload the file.
    6. Upload the file as part of your posting.
    Additional input would be a video of the symptoms if available.

Attached Files:

2. steve bourne

steve bourne New Member

here is the error message, thanx, steve

Attached Files:

3. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks for posting this on the forum (rather than as a conversation).
    Did you connect directly to the Navi-Ctrl board? Or are you trying to update by connecting to the FC board.

Andy.

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Steve:
    Also, can you take an image of how you have the Flight Control and the Navi-Ctrl connected up please?
    Judging by the screen shot, with there appears to be a wiring problem between FC and NC boards.

Thanks
    Andy

5. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Steve:
    1. Conversations are only visible to those people "in" the conversation.
    2. You said you tried to connect directly to the FC but "that did not take." Could you be a little more specific as to what went wrong, please?

Thanks
    Andy.

6. steve bourne

steve bourne New Member

I have not moved any of the wiring other than to try to connect directly to the navi bd. The FC did take first with a direct connect to it. Frustrated with the noncompliance of the upgrade to the navi, and thinking the problem is with 2.0, I tried reverting to a lesser grade(90j and 30h) and the navi bd still will not take a change. I have a red and green light on the NAvi bd and a grn on the FC bd.Thanx, steve

7. steve bourne

steve bourne New Member

I will try to send the pic again.

Attached Files:

8. steve bourne

steve bourne New Member

here is what is left on the screen when it denies me

Attached Files:

9. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Is it the gibberish on the last line that's worrying you? If so, I believe that's just the internal data between MK Tool and the board....I'm going from memory now, but I think all may be OK as far as the upgrade goes....but you're still getting the Error message displayed re: the compass, correct?

Andy.

10. steve bourne

steve bourne New Member

still getting the message. I regarded down to the last, but the MK tool shows the downgrade of the Navi bd is the same as the FC bd - 90j

11. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

That might be the problem -- if both the Flight Control and the Navigation Control are 0.90j as you describe, then you have a problem -- the Flight Control should be 0.90j and the Navigational Control should be version 0.30h.

There are two different files you need to load, one for the Flight Control board and one for the Navigation Control Board -- is there a chance that you're using the same file (the 0.90j) for both boards, please?

Can you verify the file names that you're using to perform the upgrade please?

Thanks
    Andy.

12. steve bourne

steve bourne New Member

Andy I am using 90j for the FC and trying to load 30h for the navi bd. I am hooked up through the FC, but I have alsotried directly to the Navi bd. Still not working. Upgrading has always been my greatest fear.

13. steve bourne

steve bourne New Member

I'm bad! For the last 2 days I have been using the wrong pins on the Nav bd. I was unplugging the FC on the Navi bd and plugging in the usb adapter. But now I am working through finding the right MK tool. I keep getting an error( FC is not compatible with this MKtool(FC93,PC95). Please update the MKtool AND firmware versions.) I have tried MKtool v2.00b and I am trying others.

14. steve bourne

steve bourne New Member

I loaded MKtool 1.8b and it seems I have everything working/NOW to test fly. thanx for the help. steve