/dist/images/branding/favicon

Small Yaw Rotation During Flight

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Maxis Gamez, Sep 23, 2013.

1. Maxis Gamez

Maxis Gamez Member

Hi folks,

I’m currently experiencing an issue with my Octo. I find it moving slightly from left to right when I move forward. It’s very small but definitely noticeable. I’ve calibrated the compass and RX on the Wookong-M. One thing I haven’t done recently is to calibrate my sticks on the Dx18.

My gains are pretty much “stock” and all at 100% but I’m not sure if that’s the issue. Should I try my gains at 80%? What else should I check?
    I appreciate any information.

Thank you once again!

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Do you happen to have a GPX file from one of the flights that you could post -- that would tell us a lot about what is going on.

Thanks
    Andy

3. Maxis Gamez

Maxis Gamez Member

Hi Andy,

Please correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think there is a way to pull that information from a Wookong-M system?

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Oh....sorry, Maxis. You are correct. I overlooked that you're running a Wookong system. You wrote it clearly, and I clearly overlooked it!

I'm afraid I don't know about the Wookong system, but I think other forum members do. I shall thus crawl back into my box.. :)

Andy.

5. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

I thought I had seen something about flight logging with DJI flight systems. If you use the iOSD the you get flight logging. Seems to be ground based using the DJI iOSD assistant software. Here's a video showing some of the functionality.

6. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Thanks for finding that Gary -- someone asked me about DJI data logging this morning.

Andy.

7. Maxis Gamez

Maxis Gamez Member

Thank you. I totally forgot about this module. I'm going to have to get one soon and troubleshoot.

Thanks guys!