/dist/images/branding/favicon

Cannot Connect Issue

Discussion in 'Radian' started by Paul Gibson, Sep 20, 2013.

1. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

Do you have another windows machine you can load the software up and try it on that? I dont think its the Radians because you cant connect to any of them.

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Can you post a close-up image of the wires, including the 3x2 plug from the Radian USB adapter, that are connecting to, say, the Tilt Radian, please? I'd like to see how you're connecting things up.

Thanks
    Andy.

3. Paul Gibson

Paul Gibson New Member

I hope these images help. I do not have a second PC, only a Mac.

Attached Files:

4. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

Your cable going from Pan to Roll should be coming out of port 1 on Pan and to port 1 on Roll. Port 3 on Pan should be open. That shouldn't affect the connection to the Radian software though... Especially since you've tried it with only power and the Radian programming cable.

5. Paul Gibson

Paul Gibson New Member

Okay, I shall sort that wiring, but as you say, I still shouldn't have the issue with the connection. I need to sort this ASAP as I'm on a flying job next week - What can be suggested from this point??? Thanks.

6. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

Well, its almost definitely not the Radians. Its either the dongle or an issue at the computer side. But without another Windows machine you cant test that.

7. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Thanks for taking the time to post those images. Everything looks ok. I was concerned about the orientation of the Radian Adapter 3x2 connector, but that looks good too.

One more thing to check: Can you take an image of how you have the 3x2 connector cable plugged into the Radian adapter board please? Just want to see that's ok.

EDIT: If it saves you time, verify that, with the mini USB connector pointing towards you, and with the component side of the board up, the Yellow wire that goes to the 3x2 connector should be on the left.

Andy.

8. Paul Gibson

Paul Gibson New Member

Update: My distributor (UAVShop.co.uk), who is actually a legend - sent me a new dongle (programming board) which now works and connects. I wonder if this is an issue which most people on this forum experience? I think making the programming boards more accessible from you guys would be beneficial for your customers. Thanks for your help previously. This thread is now resolved.

9. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

Excellent. Glad you got it all sorted out. Yours is the first I know about as having a dongle failure.

10. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Yeah. I've not heard of a dongle failure before either.
    Glad it was resolved though. I was running out of ideas.
    Andy.