/dist/images/branding/favicon

Cannot Connect Issue

Discussion in 'Radian' started by Paul Gibson, Sep 20, 2013.

1. Paul Gibson

Paul Gibson New Member

Hello All.

I've installed three axis Radians as per instructions in the Spektrum set-up. I have power going to all units with green and yellow lights showing. Software is installed and I have selected Port 10, as per the other threads on here. When I click 'Connect' absolutely nothing happens. No connection, no warnings, nothing. Please help ASAP as I'm concerned I will be fixing this with a hammer quite soon!

Paul

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Paul the default COM port is 10. You system may be using a different COM port and you need to change it in the Radian software. If you right click and pick Manage on your Computer Icon and then select Device Manager, Ports you should see the COM port that is being used. Change the Radian to that number and it should work.

3. Paul Gibson

Paul Gibson New Member

Hi Gary. Thanks for your reply. I've done all that. I saw several threads on here with that issue so I'm 100% sure my system is using PORT 10 and so is my software. I've checked this many times so I do think there is a different issue here.

4. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

When you connect the Radian dongle you also need to have power to the Radian. That might be the issue. If not then do some screen shots of your computer COM port config and the Radian software screens.

5. Paul Gibson

Paul Gibson New Member

Yes, I've tried pretty much every combination there is to get a result. Please see attached screenshots. I will send a video link shortly. Hope you can help further... Paul

Attached Files:

6. Paul Gibson

Paul Gibson New Member

A video link to the problem...

7. Paul Gibson

Paul Gibson New Member

I've just noticed a tiny yellow light on the dongle flashes once when I click connect. Does this shed any light on it?

8. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

Do you have the Radian powered up? Looks like I see it flashing but hard to tell. Also I would try shutting everything down, computer and Radians, disconnect the dongle and start everything up again. Check after startup when you connect the dongle that it sees the same COM port. Connect the dongle to the computer before connecting to the Radian.

9. Paul Gibson

Paul Gibson New Member

Thanks, but just tried this once again, and exactly the same happens. :(

10. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

Lets eliminate the dongle as an issue real quick. With the dongle connected to the Radian and the USB cord then plugged into the USB port on your computer you should be receiving a solid green LED on the dongle. Is yours solid green?

11. Paul Gibson

Paul Gibson New Member

Yes it is, solid green.

12. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

When you connect the dongle to the computer you might see the yellow light flash and the green light should stay on continuously. When you connect to the Radian (Radian powered on) the yellow light should illuminate. If that isn't happening the I would suspect that the dongle has an issue.

13. Paul Gibson

Paul Gibson New Member

The yellow light flashes when it's plugged in and out of the computer - but DOESN'T when its plugged into the Radian with power on. All I get is the green light.

14. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

I get the same thing you do when the Radians aren't powered up. Solid green then when I try to connect it flashes yellow and back to solid green. Nothing happens on the software side. Just thinking now.. what that could be. Almost like your Radians arent powered up but it appears in your video they are and you said your getting green and yellow lights. How are they being powered? Lipo>BEC>Radians?

15. Paul Gibson

Paul Gibson New Member

Yes, they were powered up on the video. I have a 3S going into a 5A BEC then into the Radian.

16. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

And youve tried connecting to all other Radians with the same issue? Try removing the other cables and just have power in and the dongle connected. Same issue on all 3 Radians?

17. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

Also try power in on Radian port 4 if you haven't already.. just for the fun of it.

18. Paul Gibson

Paul Gibson New Member

Yes, same issue. I tried all that earlier. None of the Radians connect.

19. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

Sorry my power is on Port 2 not 4. Still thinking and working through my system to try to replicate your issue

20. Paul Gibson

Paul Gibson New Member

Thanks, appreciate your time on this.