/dist/images/branding/favicon

Wiring question

Discussion in '3 Axis Gimbal' started by Nick Cheim, Sep 20, 2013.

1. Nick Cheim

Nick Cheim New Member

Hello to all

I have the 3axis cinestar gimbal and i would like to ask you if it is possible to pass through cables on the center of the pan from the top frame without twisted when the pan rotating. I have the echo quick release and i have a hole on the center of the pan axis to pass through the cables but i found that the cables twisted even if the wires from the top frames is salk and center. Can be technical to do that somehow?

Regards
    Nick
    IMG_4718n.jpg IMG_4719n.jpg

2. Scott Stemm

Scott Stemm Member

The only way to pass signals and electricle current from the gimble to the copter is with a slip ring. I am not familiar with one this small as I have I only worked with larger ones for underwater robotics

3. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

There was someone awhile back that mentioned they were putting on a slip ring that they found, believe it was in EMEA. But Nick is correct, unless you limit the pan to maybe 30 degrees or so left and right of front center you will twist the wires up.

4. Nick Cheim

Nick Cheim New Member

Thank you for the fast response and your help. I am almost neurous with myself . How i did not mentioned it . I finished all the wiring after a looong loong way of setup on my copter and i was expected do not twist because i pass it through in the center of the motion. The wires i pass through is for the batt, iosd video out, video in, network. Too much wires. Even if i transfer some cables to the gimbal some parts still need to be on copter! buff
    I look for the slip ring that you mention it before and i would like to know how can i mount it on my gimbal if anyone knows. On the bottom? up to the quick release? I suppose that is better do not use it for battery because of the wire current limits (2A)

5. Scott Stemm

Scott Stemm Member

Are you setting up the isod on the camera on the gimble for the pilot? Or what are you trying to accomplish?

6. Nick Cheim

Nick Cheim New Member

The project iam trying is little complex. The camera gimbal is wiring in such case that can
    1. Handle it via network
    2. Send HD via network (for best quality and photo shooting)
    3. Send sd via boscam (for real time)
    4. Focus pulling and /or Dslr zoom

A laptop ground station receive the image and comunicate with the copter

A Second cam is attach on copter for FPV purposes with iOSD telemetry but
    Pilot can switch the fpv cam with the gimbal cam on his hand without loose iOSD overlay.
    This is for the case for one person shooting and for the times that pilot needs to know what the cam shoot to correct his motion path.

I have almost done all of these the only thing is the twist of wires that i dont thought it clearly from the beginning.

7. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

As Gary said, it's either slip rings or fall back to using it as a 2-axis gimbal, I think.

Andy.