/dist/images/branding/favicon

Questions for the first "small batch" of M10 recipients...

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Carey Lee Coffey, Aug 17, 2013.

1. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Garry

Did some analysis today on the battery. The MōVI controller has three lights to indicate battery level. 3 is full, switches to 2 at about 50% and down to 1 at about 20-25%. With LiPo's the rule of thumb is not to discharge them below 20% otherwise you may irreparably damage the cells. 20% is about 14.8 volts or 3.7 volts per cell.

The MōVI ships with a battery checker. Simple to use. Hook it up like this photo and read the results. In the photo the battery is showing 15.1 volts. The checker scrolls through ALL then each individual cell. Note the orientation of the battery to checker connection.

_DSC0050.jpg

I ran the battery down to 20% charge level and hooked it to the FF Charger. Charge time was just about 2 hours at the recommended 3A setting.

As others have said don't abuse the battery, don't discharge it below 20%, don't drop it, etc. Really no different than a REDVolt. Primary difference in REDVolts or AB batteries is they put the battery level meter in the case and likely simply turn off power when you get to 20% stopping you from over discharging the battery.

But if you read the manual for a REDVolt it has all of the same admonishments as the FF MōVI manual. Or read the AB Battery manual at 57 pages :)

2. Wes Greene

Wes Greene New Member

Hi Liam,how'd you go with your new lcd cable????

thx
    wes

3. Garry Clarke

Garry Clarke Member

Hi Gary.
    thanks for the very good information. I'm feeling a lot better about the Lipo's now.
    Can't wait to get my hands on the Movi and get cracking.

Cheers
    Garry

4. Lliam Worthington

Hi Wes, well, the good news is my camera didn't blow up...

It was effectively DOA. No image. They are chasing up a RED over there to test another one and re send it once they have done so.
    Build quality was "ok" but too much play for my liking, definitely not RED quality. Though that's no surprise.
    It's flexibility was again "ok", it might not interfere as it's halfway to perhaps 2 thirds as flexible as a HDMI for my Dp4.
    So I've also sent them the picture of Adam's, triple smaller cable approach. Waiting to hear back...
    Will let you know. Otherwise hopefully someone else will put a solid product out there soon and take our money.

Guiness piggus over and out.

5. Wes Greene

Wes Greene New Member

;)
    Well done thanks for testing and thanks for report - how disappointing that a picture didn't pop up

6. Chuy Valadez

Chuy Valadez New Member

Tabb,

Can Freefly make a 6 pin lemo to lipo cable for us poor schmucks with an early model Redrock Microremote? I would be so happy.

7. Mike Duval

Mike Duval Member

I'd be in that 6-Pin camp as well if you're looking for interest. Thanks!

Mike

8. Anton Ligaarden

Anton Ligaarden New Member

Same here. It would be really helpful!

9. Jonathan Stevenson

I can see why Redrock changed to 2-pin. The motor cable connector on the base station is also 6 pin. I bet a lot of people fried their units plugging a battery into the wrong port. It even says all over the manual "DO NOT PLUG THE POWER INTO THE MOTOR PORT!"

10. Norbert Marchadesch

Norbert Marchadesch New Member

Hi Gary,

In the manual it says that the Movi10 ships with a battery tester. Looking at the picture of the tester above, I couldn't find anything that look like it. Could it be possible that ours didn't come with it? Also, one tightening screw of the accessory mount on the top handle was missing on our Movi10.

11. Phil Macdonald

Someone else pointed this out on another thread. The original units did but apparently weren't very good so they stopped sending them out. That being said they are dirt cheap and can be found in pretty much any model shop, anywhere that sell's lipo's will undoubtedly sell testers as well....

Norbert Marchadesch likes this.
  12. Mike Sutton

Mike Sutton Member

I am making up some lipo JST female to lipo JST Male 12V inline regulators and doing up some DROK adjustable regulators for accessory powering.

13. william xu

william xu New Member

FUJIE (www.fujiedz.com) is a leading Manufacturer of high quality of lemo connector equivalent ,all of our connectors CE,ROHS, ISO9001 certificated, short Lead time. waht's more, we can make cable assembly solution for our customers.

Any question about lemo connectors and cable, try to connect with me freely

William Xu

web: www.fujiedz.com
    E-mail: william.xyw88@gmail.com

14. william xu

william xu New Member

-----------------------------------------------------------

Hi,Lliam,

how are you!
    how about your cable from sreada last year?
    did they find good solution for the cable?

i am working for another mainly for lemo connector and make cable assembly solutions

FUJIE (www.fujiedz.com) is a leading Manufacturer of high quality of lemo connector equivalent ,all of our connectors CE,ROHS, ISO9001 certificated, short Lead time. waht's more, we can make cable assembly solution for our customers.

Any question about lemo connectors and cable, try to connect with me freely

William Xu

web: www.fujiedz.com
    E-mail: william.xyw88@gmail.com