/dist/images/branding/favicon

Movi - Kia Kaha

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Robin Charters, Sep 2, 2013.

1. Robin Charters

Robin Charters New Member

Hey guys, Movi is alive and well. I have had the opportunity to drive up to Redmond, WA from Los Angeles last week and picked my Movi up on Thursday the 29th. I am up in the San Juan Islands now and have been shooting with it and my Red Epic all weekend. There will be lots of things to show over the next week, but for now I have a few photos to share.

Here are some photos from the pickup and here are some quick closeup shots with descriptions.

The reason for the holdup in shipping is because the parts that make the Balancing Stand were not of high enough quality. It is really unfortunate for Freefly and all of us because the rig itself is entirely finished. They have donated me prototype stand and I have been having a crazy weekend shooting and testing everything I can, and all I can say is wow, this stuff looks amazing!

Do not have any doubts, Movi is a compelte package, built to last and to work. All of the things that you are expecting are there - including an excellent Android App. Tabb was excited to tell me that there are many new accessories coming down the pipes as well.

More to come.

Robin

Brad Meier likes this.
  2. Chris Vallier

Chris Vallier New Member

Robin,
    I'm curious... what order number were you?

3. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Don't publish your exact location, Robin. Or if you do, tether the MoVI to your wrist.... :)

Andy.

Brandon Loeser likes this.
  4. Wolfgang Armin

Wolfgang Armin Active Member

Thanks for the info, Robin. I only wonder why a customer gives us info while freefly systems doesn't. Guys, we paid a deposit of 2.500US$ a few months ago. I think we deserve a little more info. I know Q3 was the initial plan and it's not over yet. But what is keeping you from updating us from time to time. A few minutes of typing every other day would give you a much better reputation.
    We are all in the pipe for further accessories, etc. If you keep us happy, we will much more likely return again and again.

5. Tabb Firchau

Tabb Firchau Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Wolfgang, we just sent out an update to customers. It has been difficult to balance the loads of keeping customers up to date and producing the MōVI as quickly as possible.

Here are a few photos I grabbed of Robin picking up his M10:

Thanks

Tabb

Attached Files:

Brad Meier likes this.
  6. Wes Greene

Wes Greene New Member

Robin, you look pretty unhappy in those pictures!!! ;)

Could u share your epic mounting accessories set-up and how you are powering everything? Be great to hear how you have everything configured. Thanks for sharing

7. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

And now if only Robin would use his Google Glass specs to point the gimbal remotely....

8. Brett Harrison

Brett Harrison Active Member

I'd be happy to pay additional shipping costs if my unit, web pre-order #1007, were shipped without the stand.

9. Wolfgang Armin

Tabb, thanks for the update. I appreciate that you probably work 20/7 and you didn't expext such a huge wave of excitement. But when dealing with customers I have a golden rule. Talk to them. Whatever the problem is, chances are extremely high that they will understand. Some can even help. They just can't and start to get angry if they don't know though.

10. Wes Greene

Wes Greene New Member

Same same

11. Wolfgang Armin

And of course - same here! And I´d suppose almost everybody thinks like that.
    I guess you had quite some production costs so far - Sending out to people that can live without the stand for the moment would immediately cover at least a part of those costs me thinks.

12. Robin Charters

Robin Charters New Member

Working on it! :)

13. Howard Dapp

Howard Dapp Active Member

As for the stand, maybe FreeFly should produce an adapter arm/movi holder with a 5/8 diameter universal mount that fits most light stands or a tripod mount holder head. A re-balance of the gimbal due to a lens swap in the field would be a crappy experience using that low profile stand if you don't have an elevated surface to work on. You're not always privi'ed to have a desk or table near by in the field.

Wolfgang Armin and Lauri Hakala like this.
  14. Garry Clarke

Garry Clarke Member

Hi Tabb.
    I'm really surprised to see that Robin was able to do a pick up of his Movi direct from you guys in Seattle. Back in July when I asked about doing this so I could coordinate a business trip to the US to pick up mine, I was told that this wasn't possible. Hmmmm. Good to see there is a happy customer out there.

15. Garry Clarke

Garry Clarke Member

Hi Robin.

Great to hear of someone getting their new "baby" and being able to enjoy using it. I'll look forward to seeing some results when you upload something. Love the pics and explanations too. Thanks.

One thing I'd like to ask is what came with the M10 as far as instructional material is concerned. Did you get a dvd, booklet or access to something online.

Also what type/brand of battery that comes with it?

Cheers and I'm jealous that you've got what I haven't.
    Garry

16. Howard Dapp

Garry, this is professional grade hobby stuff...no instructions included:)

17. Garry Clarke

Garry Clarke Member

Giday Howard. Can I take that to mean theres none needed?

18. Garry Clarke

Garry Clarke Member

I did see on the last newsletter from Tabb that there is an instruction video coming. Which is great for novices like me. Just hope the "coming" is prior to mine being delivered.

Cheers
    Garry

19. Howard Dapp

Garry, my happy face meant I was only being playful. Of course there will be loads of great online tutorials but most likely nothing tangible that can be used in the field for those times where wifi isn't available.

There are apps available that will allow you to download youtube/vimeo videos to your desktop...very useful.

20. Garry Clarke

Garry Clarke Member

My mistake Howard.
    Its not hard to misinterpret the written word. Which I clearly did in this case.
    I'd much prefer to actually speak to people, but its a bit hard in these circumstances with big time difference.

Cheers
    Garry