/dist/images/branding/favicon

Jeti Bridge - Necessary to Unbridge when using Spectrum Sat?

Discussion in 'Cinestar Misc' started by Josh Wilson, Sep 1, 2013.

1. Josh Wilson

Josh Wilson Member

Quick question. Started building a CS8. I soldered the spectrum satellite as per the mikrokopter website - same as I did when I setup my CS6 over a year ago.

[​IMG]

The new flight controller now comes with the Jeti bridge soldered/connected (arrow pointing to the part I'm talking about). Do I need to UNbridge this connection or can I leave it be?
    [​IMG]

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

On my FC's those two pads are marked JETI + HoTT.
    The short answer is: If you're using telemetry, short them together.

The long answer is:
    MK's Wiki page says: "solder bridge for Telemetry" (see http://www.mikrokopter.de/ucwiki/en/FlightCtrl_ME_2_1) so that answer appears to be if you want the FC to emit the telemetry signal, short those two pads together.

On the schematic (at http://mikrocontroller.com/files/Flight-Ctrl_ME_2_1f.pdf) those two pads are at 4D and short two pins on the ATMega128P CPU (albeit with a diode). The firmware then will sense that those pins are connected and presumably emit the telemetry data on the RXD1 pin (the grey wire in the second image above).

Andy.

3. Josh Wilson

Josh Wilson Member

Thanks Andy. I'm still not sure how this impacts me since i'm using the Spektrum satellite. I take care of telemetry via the TM1000 and a wire taping into the PDB.

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

In that case, if the TM1000 telemetry is working, I would leave the pads un-soldered.

Andy.

5. Josh Wilson

Josh Wilson Member

Sounds good. That's what I was thinking!