/dist/images/branding/favicon

My Hometown Geneva - Switzerland from above

Discussion in 'CineStar Showcase (Photo/Video)' started by Stefan Hunziker, Aug 25, 2013.

1. Stefan Hunziker

Stefan Hunziker New Member

DGM-07-2013-140.JPG DGM-07-2013-147.JPG BolDorMir-2013-071.JPG DGM-07-2013-209.JPG

Shot with a Nikon D800 on a Cinestar 8 - 3-Axis Radian Gimbal

Colin Snow and Steve Maller like this.
  2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks for including one of the Jet d'Eau. I used to live in Ferney-Voltaire back in the mid-70's. Loved Geneva.

Andy.

Stefan Hunziker likes this.
  3. Stefan Hunziker

hello Andy!
    were you working at CERN? Geneva is still a cool place to bee, the lake, the mountains and lots of cool people from all over the world

cheers
    stefan

here comes the Jet d'Eau:

HFC-2012-Rade GE-059.JPG HFC-2012-Rade GE-044.JPG Banner 1.JPG

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

I was working for the, now defunct, supercomputer company, Control Data Corporation, that supplied the mainframes to CERN. I lived in Gex, worked in Ferney-Voltaire, but was a regular visitor to CERN. They had several CDC 6600's ("Big Sixes") there.

No problems with the authorities shooting with a copter in Genève?

Andy.

5. Stefan Hunziker

No problems in Switzerland - in fact i shoot a lot for the authorities, different departments of the Canton of Geneva administration.....in Switzerland, copters are regarded as model airplanes and as long as you have a professional liability insurance (not so cheap) that covers the use of copters and you do not fly inside controlled airspace, you are fine.

6. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

That seems remarkably rational. Perhaps we could get the FAA talking to the Federal Office of Civil Aviation (the Swiss equivalent of the FAA)?

(Mind you, I still remember Swiss Air pilots doing a screaming, tight turn, rapid descent, approach into Cointrin over the Jura mountains -- back then they were all Swiss Air Force pilots and I think they got their kicks out of doing it....That was also the era when the Swiss Army did the passenger security checks with a "very enhanced" pat down -- actually it was the pat up that made one's eyes water! :) )

Andy.

7. mark Berry

mark Berry New Member

Hi Stefan, Just read your post, can you direct me to a map that shows restricted airspace in the Berner Oberland and Valais?
    I want to fly in the Saa Fee, Zermat area and in the Jungfrau region . This coming winter.

Many thanks

Mark