/dist/images/branding/favicon

Today I thought I was going to make history!HELP NEEDED!!!!

Discussion in 'Cinestar 8' started by hugo burns, Aug 21, 2013.

1. hugo burns

hugo burns Member

Hey guys,
    Haven't sent email yet because i need one of my parents to read it.(bad speller)!!!!!

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Do you have Microsoft Word on your computer? Type the email up in a Word document (and use its spell checker), then Select All, Copy the message to the clipboard, and Paste the corrected text into your email software.
    Just a thought.... :)

Andy.

3. hugo burns

hugo burns Member

Thanks for the thought but guess who just rolled in the drive?yep my Dad!I"ll get him to type it up for me:)Theres been non stop rain all day:(No more flying cinestar 8 for another day!!

4. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

And one more thing: what kind of LiPo charger are you using?

5. hugo burns

hugo burns Member

6. hugo burns

hugo burns Member

Hey everyone,

just a quick question.

I have been flying my cinestar 8 for a while now and have recently purchased the 3rd axis to upgrade my 2axis gimbal .I run to 5s 1000mah packs and a 5d with a 27 mm lens.How long would you expect for the flight time?

Thanks in advance,
    Hugo

7. Nathan Reim

Nathan Reim Member

I have had two brand new Quad Power lipos with 2 charges go bad on me, and when I called QC they told me that they didn't have any warranties for the lipos so I was basically out of $300, needless to say I no longer buy lipos from them... much respect was lost after that situation. When my $10,000 rig is up in the air I deff don't want to lose it because of a bad over priced lipo. End bashing of QC.

8. Dave King

Dave King Well-Known Member

If I was selling lipos I wouldn't warranty them either because its way......to easy to damage the lipo and blame defect.

9. Nathan Reim

Nathan Reim Member

And you know, I get that but when I place and order for the lipos one day, receive them charge them, then fly them, and being sure not to run them low because its on its first cycle and after the second charge they wont take a full charge, that to me is a little bit messed up. It happened on two separate occasions and I was a little disappointed that a company i spent at least $30,000 at the time with, couldn't do what I felt was the right thing and replace them. I wasn't new to the AP or hobby world, so I can say for certain it wasn't lack of knowledge on the subject that hurt these lipos. But I do see your point, hobby king even though they are a Chinese based company, if you get a bad lipos from them, all you have to do is get a lipos tester plug it in and take pictures of the reading and then they will confirm its jacked and upon receiving the lipo back they will send you a new one, that to me is a good business decision. I kept me coming back to them even though I had a similar experience with one of the lipos I got from them.

10. Adam Paugh

Adam Paugh Distributor

Hello Nathan,

Please PM me your QC order number so I can look into your return inquiry for these batteries.

Greetings,
    Adam

Dave King likes this.