/dist/images/branding/favicon

Crash, how can you protect yourself from this happening?

Discussion in 'Cinestar 8' started by Nick Adams, Aug 2, 2013.

1. Nick Adams

Nick Adams Member

I really want to ask what you do for a living..... on second thoughts, no I don't..... Im scared LOL

2. Paul conto

Paul conto Member

Im an EOD Technician with the US Navy, I've been getting into AP work as a way of combining my love of flying and filming. I hope that when i retire, granted in 14 years, to have a business fully up and running and maybe my own studio doing this work.

3. Nick Adams

Nick Adams Member

Very cool, I figured as much. I once did some documentory work for a treasure hunting outfit in the Keys.
    They are the only other business that I could think of that would have similar kit as you do. They used a side scanning sonar
    to find abnormalities on the seabed. They then blasted the sand off the bedrock with redirected propwash and dove in the hole to find what was left.

Nick

4. Zach Beggs

Zach Beggs Member

5. Nick Adams

Nick Adams Member

No Zach, I had one that you could see was pitted, varying colors of gray and very dull, so I re-soldered it. I must say though,
    in my case, it was not the end that you showed that failed, it was the EC5 connection that goes to the battery. Unfortunately
    you can not see into this joint once you have soldered it.

Cheers

Nick

6. Nathan Reim

Nathan Reim Member

Andy you are a funny guy! That even made me feel better for the Nick. Just be happy its not at the bottom of the ocean! It happens I have a video of my copter losing control and flying to about 2000 meters and just falling out of the sky. My av200 was a twisted mess but some how the 7D still worked.

7. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Glad you found it funny, Nathan! So often English humour [sic] is not appreciated in North America.
    But it really is true: you are go going to crash the copter. It's just a question of when. And you don't get to control when.
    Andy.