/dist/images/branding/favicon

Naza 2 CS8 build.

Discussion in 'Cinestar 8' started by Matt Barker, Jul 6, 2013.

1. Matt Barker

Matt Barker Member

I deiced it was a way better idea for me to run motor wires outside of the boom. Easy tear down/build and better crash protection. I do have a lot of slack. I might need to trim that up and drop some weight. IMG_0897.JPG

2. Matt Barker

Matt Barker Member

Extra gimbal part and some gaff tape to mount LED. IMG_0903.JPG IMG_0904.JPG

3. Brandon Loeser

The only thing I'd suggest is getting rid of those vibration dampeners under the IMU. Naza/Wookong need to be hard mounted to the frame. You'll get some weirdness as you fly in rough winds. :)

Matt Barker likes this.
  4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

You could remove a fair amount of slack if you braid the wires -- this also has the advantage that you'll reduce the amount of electromagnetic interference that they might generate.

Andy.

Matt Barker likes this.
  5. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Matt if you are going to run the motor wires externally then consider shortening the wires and put them in some nylon braid if you want them to look pretty.

IMG_1014.JPG

I wouldn't suggest doubling them back like you have them currently. As Andy points out you may have created an EMI problem. If you don't want to cut the wires and remove/remount the bullet connectors then probably better to run them down the inside of the tubes in the classic fashion.

Matt Barker likes this.
  6. Matt Barker

Matt Barker Member

Thanks for all the great ideas! It is still a work in progress.

7. Matt Barker

Matt Barker Member

One of the big differences I have noticed is shorter flight times.

I have never tested motor temps on previous CS8 builds, but im getting 120-145 ish F on motor surface temps.

Does that mean Im losing some efficiency some where? I am getting shorter flight times compared to the mk set-up.

APC 14x5.5MR

8. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

That probably isn't to bad but is on the high end. 140/60C. I usually see 35-40C. Not sure what your AUW is running and you have mentioned 4s and 6s batteries. With 4S and 5kg in ecalc the cases at hover should be about 31C. eCalc is just a starting point.