/dist/images/branding/favicon

Error 3

Discussion in 'Cinestar 8' started by Ramón Vélez, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Ramón Vélez

Ramón Vélez Member

Hi I have a problem with my CS8 .. I had a moisture problem with the CS8 and NV and FC had affected so buy them new to solve the problem but still I have a problem telling me NO SIGNAL RECEIVER and I did the bind and is still the problem ... any suggestions and what can be??

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Ramon: What kind of Transmitter and Receiver are you using please?

Thanks
    Andy

3. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Also, with MK Tool, did you connect up and set the Receiver type on the Channels page?

Thanks
    Andy.

4. Ramón Vélez

Ramón Vélez Member

i have the tx mx-20 and the rx gr-24 graupner

thanks
    Johnattan

5. Ramón Vélez

Ramón Vélez Member

already check all connections from the receiver will check with mk-tools and pair it with the control but still says it has lost signal problem.

please any other suggestions or closest to problem

Thanks

6. Ramón Vélez

Ramón Vélez Member

there is some probability that the transmitter is matched to the receiver and send no signal ... that is an internal problem of the same receptor and have to change it??

I hope your help
    Thanks

7. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Hi Ramon: That's possible. But if you turn on the Tx and Rx, there should be a green LED on the Rx to indicate that they have paired up. If there is not, then there is a Tx/Rx problem.

On the FC board are you hearing the beeper sending the morse code for the letter J? (Dit-dah-dah-dah.) That also indicates that the FC board can sense the lack of the transmitter.

Andy

8. Ramón Vélez

Ramón Vélez Member

Thanks Andy. Now what should I change? the RC or TR? I'm a little tired of being changing parts and nothing works ... everytime I ask a piece two weeks of waiting to get out another problem.

This is not funny!
    Do I have a local supplier for these things and I'm wasting time and money.

I can change the Control Transmitter for another brand? or use other brand transmitter with the same control? Currently I have the MX 20 and GR 24.

What other solution we have

9. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Ramon can you shoot a short video with sound? Can be from your phone. What would be helpful to see and hear is the light on the top of the GR24 and the sounds the copter makes on power up. Also some screenshots of your MX20 setup screens. I can send a list of the ones that would help when I get home or maybe Andy will be able to get them to you. Looking for the screen that shows binding of the TX/RX and also the SUMO out screen which is a bit buried. This would help us isolate the issue with you.

10. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Hi Ramon: So, just to confirm -- you are NOT seeing a green LED on the Receiver, correct?

If that is the case, then you need to try re-binding them -- apologies if you have tried this numerous times already, but it's a critical step in the process.

I agree -- it is an extremely frustrating problem to have.

Let's just try and walk through it step by step.

Please let me know if you are not familiar with how to bind the receiver to the transmitter.

Andy.

11. Ramón Vélez

Ramón Vélez Member

after multiple tests and trying a thousand solutions. already the CS8 flying again ...
    Andy and Garythank you very much, I appreciate the help of everyone.

After all this experience, I am still a learner's! NEVER FLYING UNDER WET CONDITIONS!

Thanks!

12. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Glad we could help, Ramon.
    What did the problem turn out to be? (I'm asking because in the future, someone may have the same symptoms of a problem and would like to know the solution you found).

Thanks
    Andy.

Ramón Vélez likes this.
  13. Ramón Vélez

Ramón Vélez Member

Hi Gary.

The solution was not simple, I can say that more luck than anything else. CS8 is disarmed all. the problem was with the receiver GR24 have not seen the new FC. the solution was recetear everything and update all parts from 0. including the GR24 receiver (this was lucky never had done in Panama)

Lots of research for a friend to helped us (David Chen of Panama SkyCam)

In the future I will document every step better to share with everyone on the forum.!

For now I thank you resolved this problem already, today I am getting everything ready for waterproofing the components according to the guide: http://rathergoodguides.com/RGG_doc...ds_With_Conformal_Acrylic_1-02_2012-10-22.pdf

Once finished'll do photos or video to show the progress and all this OK.

14. Alberto Restrepo

Hello. I have seen that error 3 is very common. That error was since I bought my Cinestar 8 RTF 10 months ago.
    Just yesterday I found the solution. I checked all ribbon cables and all worked perfect, update the firmware of FC and NC and it did not work either. I removed the plate NC and on closer inspection with a magnifying glass, I observed that welding cable 10 point was poorly made​​, to the point that had traces of solder between them so it was running out and that produced error 3 (No communication between the NC and FC). Well I cleaned the whole plate with a brush, I put everything back in place and now it works perfect. I hope to help many who have this same problem. Thank you.

15. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Alberto:
    Just to clarify: You are saying that you found soldering errors on the 10-pin header on the Navigation Control Board where the ribbon cable to the Flight Control Board is connected? Is that correct?

Did you by chance take any images of that board before you re-soldered the connection and cleaned it up?

Thanks
    Andy.

16. Alberto Restrepo

No welding errors, only solder waste. Unfortunately I did not make any pictures.

17. Ramón Vélez

Ramón Vélez Member

hello another query'm having trouble with the GPS I'm trying to calibrate the CS8 I do control the movements correctly but when I get up to give the turns do not make noise when it is calibrated and will not let me calibrate.

any suggestions
    thanks

18. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Ramon if you are not hearing the chirping maybe your buzzer became disconnected. Did you follow this video?

19. Ramón Vélez

Ramón Vélez Member

Hi Gary and I followed the calibration procedure but does not work and the buzzer is working properly because it makes noises when each motor program as control program and also check gps blue light is not blinking just stay solid blue.

Any other suggestions

Note: It also makes sounds when I start on the setting in the control only that but then when I raise turns 8KT to give noise does not make the BIPS to know that this calibrating and also would like to know if it affects you are doing this in a table without legs 8kt without any distance between CS8 and table

20. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Hi Ramon: The chirps you hear when the BL-Ctrls are powering up and twitching the motors does not come from the buzzer. Strange to say, those chirps come from the motors themselves.

Can you hear beeping when you power ON the Cinestar and turn OFF the transmitter. Do you hear it sending Morse code: dit-dah-dah-dah?

Can you also confirm on the servo monitor screen on your transmitter when you move the left stick left and right that you are see 100% deflection. Similarly, confirm that you are seeing 100% deflection when you move the right hand stick fully back?

The "servo monitor" screen is just called "Servo" on some transmitters -- but it's the screen that confirms which RC channel is changing when you operate the sticks. Please let us know what Transmitter you are using and we can better tell you which is the Servo Monitor screen if you have not been able to find it.

Can you also confirm that if you just move the left stick to the to the left and up (to calibrate the Accelerometers), do you hear three short beeps?

Andy.