/dist/images/branding/favicon

SMPTE

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mitchell oates, Jul 21, 2013.

1. mitchell oates

mitchell oates New Member

Just wondering if the MoviM10 will be on display at Australias SMPTE exhibition this week.
    Looking into purchasing one and would love a few questions answered

2. Chris Fox

Chris Fox Active Member

G'Day Mitchell,

I have one on order and have been in discussion with Aerobot (local distributor), who advised that they could not get one for SMPTE.

I'll be happy to let you see mine when it arrives, if you are near by.

Cheers
    Chris

mitchell oates likes this.
  3. mitchell oates

mitchell oates New Member

that would be amazing, Chris i want to figure out if i can attach a focus controller on the handlebars so it can be more a single operator rather then needing focus puller etc. are you in the sydney area? i wonder if they will implement this into a live broadcast environment or stick with a steadicam

4. Matt Kearney

Matt Kearney Member

Mitchell, at this point it will not replace steadicam on a live broadcast.
    Im buying a movi for flying and some handheld but i will not be selling my steadicams!
    Im a steadicam op with 15 years experience-the movi has its place for drama/film and commercials etc and pre recorded shows but to have a full hd camera as in an xdcam or hdc1500 and a gigawave or link xp hd full broadcast link weighs inexcess of 10 kgs and is way too big for the movi! Plus try holding that weight out in front of you with no vest or arm and run the sideline on a rugby or soccer match or hold it for 2 hours on air for a live show like x factor or the voice-i don't think so-its just not practical.
    Don't get me wrong the movi is a great tool thats why i was one of the first to order!!
    But it will never replace the steadicam-its a different tool to go in the kit!!

5. Chris Fox

Chris Fox Active Member

I'm normally in the West or Tas, but travel a fair bit .... So will most likely hit Sydney again after the Movi arrives.

There are images from some of the promotional material for the Movi, showing it being used with a couple of different follow focus systems in single and multiple operator mode, pretty sure one shows the Redrock Micro finger wheel controller being used by the operator.

6. Joe Hell

Joe Hell Member

Hi Chris, I went to the SMPTE today. I'm waiting for the movi to come too. I saw two prototypes of gymbal there. 1 from an Australian company and 1 from an American one. No movi unfortunately. I never saw the movi yet, but from what I saw at the SMPTE I guess the quality would be better with freefly system.
    I saw the redrock system and a dealer make quite a good price for the smpte (you won't miss it if you go there)

cheers

7. Chris Fox

Chris Fox Active Member

I'm heading down to SMPTE in the morning, just arrived in Sydney today. I'll keep an eye for the special on the red rock follow focus, as I have been looking for a follow focus motor, that can be flown with, as well as quiet enough to use when hand held.