/dist/images/branding/favicon

Benefits of Wooden Props

Discussion in 'CineStar FAQ - Tips and Tricks' started by Maxis Gamez, Jul 3, 2013.

1. Maxis Gamez

Maxis Gamez Member

Greetings,

First post here. I've been following everyone's post for a while. First, THANK YOU all for sharing amazing information.

I've been noticing that a lot of folks flying with wooden props. Once I was told that wooden props provide a "smoother" ride compared to carbon props due to the fact that they aren't as stiff/sensitive as carbon.

What are you guys feeling?

Thank you!

2. Marty Ferris

Marty Ferris New Member

Hi Maxis,

I fly Xoar Wooden Props and definitely prefer them over APC or Carbon props. It may be subjective but I feel the Cinestar is happier cutting through the air on them. Be aware they are a bit more fragile than other props, this may be a problem if you are constantly transporting your bird.

I don't know about others experience but I find the hubs are quite badly out of balance and need some weight to balance properly although the tip to tip balance is pretty good.

Try a set, I don't think you will be disappointed!!

3. Nick Adams

Nick Adams Member

I just switched to wooden props. I really like them. The biggest difference I noticed
    Was the amount of prop wash. They make a huge difference when desending ( no where near
    as bumpy) they also seem to help in the last couple of feet of landing.

Nick

4. Nick Adams

Nick Adams Member

5. Nick Adams

Nick Adams Member

Not sure how I made my last post a quote but it was from me and I meant what I said :)

6. Maxis Gamez

Maxis Gamez Member

Thank you all for the comments and suggestions. Looks like I'll be ordering a set. I really appreciate it!

Thanks!