/dist/images/branding/favicon

I need a good prop balancer

Discussion in 'CineStar FAQ - Tips and Tricks' started by Matt O'Brien, Jun 18, 2013.

1. Matt O'Brien

Matt O'Brien Member

I am looking to buy a new prop balancer and I have a question about the magnetic balancers. I see one being used quite a bit and was wondering if this is a good way to go or is there a better one to use that would be more accurate? If anyone has some good suggestions please post. Also how are you balancing props removing material? or adding clear spray paint?

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Get the Dubro Tru-Spin. I had the magnetic one first and the DuBro is much better in my opinion. As to removal of material or spray part of the answer depends on the type of prop. I did the sanding of the backside on APC props but on Xoar wooden props I do a bit of celophane tape on the backside. For the hubs, APC was with velcro with CA and on the Xoars depending on how much weight I use vinyl electrical tape or lead tape, the kind for weighting golf clubs and tennis rackets.

There are some postings on the forum with photos.

3. Matt O'Brien

Matt O'Brien Member

Awesome thanks Gary,

I do have one question which tape has been working the best for balancing the hubs?

4. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Something like this for the lead tape. Found something similar at Dicks Sporting goods in the golf department.

5. Matt O'Brien

Matt O'Brien Member

Thank you Sir!