/dist/images/branding/favicon

this is frustrating....tilt radian not working/ current angle demand not resetting...

Discussion in 'Radian' started by Advocate, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Advocate

Advocate New Member

ok so i have a spent a few days tring to do this. yesterday while i was trying to configure switches the tilt radian started moving. now everytime i log in it states a current angle demand of -131/ -129 respectively. i cant get it to change. im using sbus with futaba 8fg. any ideas. i tried to reset using the write function to put it back to roll which did so put still the angle demand wont change. i have triple checked everything....HELP!! i have attached a pic for reference.

Attached Files:

2. Josh Lambeth

Josh Lambeth Well-Known Member

Try re-flashing the firmware to reset it back completely to defaults and see if that works?

Josh

3. Advocate

Advocate New Member

just to clarify when i put the radian to pan (no servo conneted the angle demand does change back to '0'), its just when i put set the default to its rightful module setting to 'tilt'. the angle demand wont change off -131/-129.....

4. Advocate

Advocate New Member

Thanks Josh, reflashing the firmware?

5. Advocate

Advocate New Member

ok worked out how to reflash. still the same issue....

6. John Cunningham

Is the orange LED flashing slowly at all ?.

Just to confirm:
    The green LED flashes quickly for a second or so then goes solid
    The orange led flashes quickly and stays like that ?.
    You are using the PC software downloaded from the Freefly site
    The module is level (horizontal)
    The current angle does not change if you rotate the axis by hand (servo disconnected) ?

7. Advocate

Advocate New Member

Hi JOhn, thanks for the reply.

The green light is solid with the orange light flashing quickly. The module is perfectly horizontal. The angle of demand does not change when i disconnect the servos and it reads the same. -130/ -129. any ideas or is this faulty???? ive flashed it with the new f/w. any help would be appreciated as ive spent all w/e on this....

8. John Cunningham

It sounds faulty - though the symptoms are a bit strange because if the gyro was not working, I would expect the self-test to catch it.

It should be more or less as simple as fit it and adjust the gain. If the orientation is correct, everything else is pretty much automatic.

Tabb talks with the distributors - so we will get him to sort out the exchange and get that module back to me to see what is going on.

9. Advocate

Advocate New Member

Thanks John, fyi i have placed another radian on the tilt axis and works fine. im thinking it must be the radian. I will contact the distie as i appreciate your response.