/dist/images/branding/favicon

Countries with flying restrictions

Discussion in 'CineStar FAQ - Tips and Tricks' started by Michael Braun, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Michael Braun

Michael Braun Member

It would be useful to have one thread where we could post countries which have flying restrictions for multirotors.
    For example some in the US, France, Italy etc.

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Nejc great idea. Click HERE to go to the database I have started. I encourage everyone to update it.

3. Katya Nelhams-Wright

I think this is a great idea having just been looking into flying in Turkey from the uk. A forum member from Turkey (Ozkan Erden) helped me out with rules and regs but it would be great to be able to just look at an online resource to find different rules and also to be able to trust the info on it knowing that it has come from this forum where members are dedicated to flying professionally.
    Katya

4. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

So Katya please upload what you found out for Turkey please.

5. Katya Nelhams-Wright

Hi Gary
    Shall I do it to the form on the link?
    All the best
    Katya

6. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

Yes please. It should be working. It is a google doc so shareable. If you have a problem let me know.

7. Katya Nelhams-Wright

Yes
    Hi Gary. Just uploaded and worked fine:)

8. Howard Dapp

Howard Dapp Active Member

I have a question for you all. Ok so we'll have a database for helicam commercial flying restrictions in various countries...my question is, what happens when your aerial services are requested by a potential client in a restricted country? Let's take the U.S. as an example, what do you tell a potential client who may want to hire you but have just read 'our' WCCD document? Do you tell him, "Sorry but we're restricted to use our helicam for pay...thanks for contacting us" ok the likelihood of a potential client discovering this doc is slim but the question still remains...what would you do/say? Would you take that job?

9. Sean Haverstock

Nice one Gary. Probably going to need one for each individual state that has 'privacy' laws, too.

10. Cyril Perrier

Cyril Perrier New Member

I’m from France and there is a new law here. We have to create now a file for the government with all the informations about our drones in order to have authorizations to fly.
    So I would like to know if freefly can provide a schema (.pdf or .jpeg document) with all the specifications of the cinestar8 frame and 3 axis gimbal.
    We need 3 views (X/Y/Z) with length width and weight.
    Thank you very much for your help.

11. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

Cyril since each copter is unique wouldn't it be easier for you to measure and weigh your copter, perhaps adding photos to the submission.

12. Cyril Perrier

Cyril Perrier New Member

Sure, I could do that. I have to take pictures for wiring anyway.
    But an official document is more serious than a picture...

13. Jei Swan

Jei Swan Member

I just listed my country in the data base and also following is the article in the legislation. I am in the painstaking process of making an Om manual or loose the season of work.

Regulation of small aircraft
    40.—(1) A person shall not cause or permit any article or animal (whether or not attached to a
    parachute) to be dropped from a small aircraft so as to endanger persons or property.
    (2) The person in charge of a small aircraft which weighs more than 7 kg without its fuel but
    including any articles or equipment installed in or attached to the aircraft at the commencement of
    its flight shall not fly such an aircraft—
    (a) unless the person in charge of the aircraft has reasonably satisfied himself that the flight
    can safely be made;
    (b) in Class A, C, D or E airspace unless the permission of the appropriate air traffic control
    unit has been obtained;
    (c) within an aerodrome traffic zone during the notified hours of watch of the air traffic
    control unit (if any) at that aerodrome unless the permission of any such air traffic control
    unit has been obtained;
    (d) at a height exceeding 400 ft above the surface unless it is flying in airspace described in
    sub-paragraphs (b) or (c) and in accordance with the requirements thereof; or
    (e) for aerial work purposes other than in accordance with a permission issued by the
    Governor.

UPDATE - Just weighed the entire C8 with camera and lenses. 5.37kg total so this law doesn't apply. Will how ever continue preparing the so called 'required' documents for when it does.

14. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

So you can drop animals without a parachute from a small aircraft if it doesn't endanger persons or property? Hmmm. Not sure I like that idea. :)

Andy.