/dist/images/branding/favicon

Spektrum users - How'd you solder your TM1000 into your CS8?

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Trevor Ford, May 26, 2013.

1. Trevor Ford

Trevor Ford New Member

Hey all.
    I got a little information from the guys at Quadrocopter on this; they're usually pretty good about offering up great info and help, but they may be underestimating my ignorance and not using enough baby words.
    I was told to bind the TM1000 to the DX8, then solder into any open servo output of the Flight Ctrl, going to the data port of the TM1000. Then the power leads go down to the Distribution Ring to any open + & -.
    I have already fried my first flight control board before I ever flew the thing, so I'm a bit gun shy about my wiring/soldering intuition.
    Can anyone offer any insight ... assuming I'm an 8 year old Albanian boy who speaks very broken Englich.

Thanks a ton.

2. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

Someone once said a picture is worth 1000 words. Here's my spektrum setup. My data plug going into the FC board shares a plug with the LEDs out on the booms so you can ignore that 3rd wire going out or sight at the FC connection.

Bind as per the Spektrum manual before you start. You'll probably have to sacrifice the cables by cutting of the connectors on one side to solder to the board and FC connections. image.jpg

3. Tucker Lamberton

Tucker Lamberton New Member

My data connection to the FC is the same as Brad's. My temp/volt cables are soldered onto the inside of the power distribution ring. You will notice a "-" pad that is labled like "GN2" or GN3". Black wire gets soldered to that pad and the red to the "+" pad next to it.

4. Jason Smoker

Jason Smoker Active Member

5. Trevor Ford

Trevor Ford New Member

Holy smokes, fellas. All of that is insanely helpful. Thanks so much for all your input.
    Been scratching my head on that one for at least a couple weeks.