/dist/images/branding/favicon

Roll Twitch Might be Servo Based issue.

Discussion in 'Radian' started by Todd Revius, May 23, 2013.

1. Todd Revius

Todd Revius New Member

Hi All,

I have been playing for my Raidians for awhile, and I was wonderin if anyone has just plain and simply switch out the roll servo for lets Say a Futaba, I mean from what I can tell these servos are made by Savox. Im not trying to say anything bad at all, but it just seems there is a lot of backlash within the servos themselves.

So I was wondering if anyone else has explored the possibility of different servos for roll and tilt, it might be as easy and changing the servo to a high quality futaba, MKS, JR, or otherwise.

Other than that This system is got so much potential.

2. Dave King

Dave King Well-Known Member

I found that I was able to calm down the roll twitch to almost nothing by making sure the roll is perfectly balanced and setting the gain just right. I found that going higher than 100 was just too much for my camera (Sony 760) I also found (for me at least) the plastic clamps don't hold as needed to make the horizontal bars stay in place so the roll balance stays as needed. Every flight I would find my roll balance to have moved after I go out and fly. I would tighten the clamps down evenly and tightened them really good. For me what helped was getting the metal clamps (2 on each side) and my picture has been very stable ever since.

3. Todd Revius

Todd Revius New Member

Interesting, thanks for that info. I will try a combination of the two. I feel the gimbal is Ridged but the plastic boom clamps are subject to wear. So I totally see where your coming from on this one. Will check this after I take a couple flights today.

4. TROU BAYLISS

TROU BAYLISS Member

If this helps , i also have roll twitter , on my AV 200 . with a FF servo .. cx 760 ..maybe itsa Dead band thing ..but the servo does have a lot of slop ..easly detected with the large driver gear wheel ..