/dist/images/branding/favicon

Help with MK update. please help me banging my head agains the wall!

Discussion in 'Cinestar 8' started by Ivan Escasan, May 6, 2013.

1. Ivan Escasan

Ivan Escasan New Member

Hello again evryone and again I cant express enough how much I apreciate the help I have been getting.

Well I bought new parts and used parts because of my budget.

I have the FC2.1, Navi 2.0, Okto XL Power board on my CS8.
    I am following Andy DVD MK TOOL ... I installed MK tool on my win 8 laptop then I found the latest version
    of MK tool then I updated the FC 2.1, everything was great then I was trying to update the Navi but I cant
    and I am going nuts. I tried to change the jumper a 100 time while is booting with the navi disconected as Andy instrucs on the DVD when you get the Update Fail.
    I got an error that maybe is something different. I am posting the screen shot. It read Error: programsize 129...

So I am confused is there a way that I can reset all the firmaware on the boards and start again or what I do I am so lost.
    Thank you everyone.

Attached Files:

2. Jason Smoker

Jason Smoker Active Member

You dont need the jumper to update just use a flight battery. Make sure you save all your settings before the update and do all the calibrations again once you finished! also you might need to try a few times to get to work!

3. Ivan Escasan

Ivan Escasan New Member

Thank you for your fast response but I already did that without the jumper and it didnt work.
    But what setting I have to save if this is my first time opening it, so pretty much do I have to save somehting ?
    What about the Error programsize 129024 bytes error.

This is what is did,
    -Went to Mk website downloaded the Latest MK tool.
    - Intalled, then I clicked on updated.
    -Downloaded the latest version of Flight control and installed and everthing went good.
    -I tried to install the Navi and I get the "failure to update" I already try 50 times and I get the same and still not working.

Thankyou for your help.

4. Jason Smoker

Are you using connecting the PCB directly to the NAVI board?

Here it was I would try- re down load the lastest navi software - to make sure no bugs

connect the PCB directly to the navi board making the sure the red part is plugged in correctly and try to install that way

or I found this on another website

The connection is fine but the automatic update does not work anyway?
    If after "Connecting (try to reset hardware and start bootloader)..." is not an "OK" coming up after ~3 to 4 dots than you can do as follows:
    • connect the PCB (i.e. FC) over the ribbon cable direct to the MK-USB (not over a wireless connection!). For the BL-Ctrl use the connector on the side of the MK-USB!
    • remove jumper from MK-USB
    • In the KopterTool select the appropriate file and start the update
    • place the jumper while the dots been displayed
      [​IMG]
    • Now a OK should be behind the dots.
      [​IMG]
      (After switching on the board always the bootloader starts first - then detects the update from the KopterTool and performs the update.)
    • Repeat if it don't work. Timing is the matter of fact.
    If it comes to frequent interruptions with error-messages the computer can be also the problem.
    If a laptop is used and the power for the modules is supplied over the MK-USB the power can be not sufficient.
    Here you should either provide the module with an external power supply or a lipo. Or a PC is used for the update.

good luck

5. Ivan Escasan

Ivan Escasan New Member

I am conecting the MKUSB to the FC and then the FC to the NAvi board

I am at my full time job I get out at 7 am when I am out here I would go an try your first option of conecting directly to the navi board.
    The second option is the one that I already tried several time as instructed in Andy DVD. thank you I really really appreciate your help and will try and inform if it was a success or a failure.

6. Jason Smoker

if you connect directly to the navi board you should be able update both fc and navi!! ;)

7. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Jason:
    Thanks for helping out Ivan while I (he said, feeling guilty) was out flying!

Your advice is spot on!
    Andy.

8. Jason Smoker

Thanks Andy I have had the same problem thats why I know!! ;)

Ivan did you get this sorted out??

9. Ivan Escasan

Ivan Escasan New Member

Yes super thanks for the help, I conected the MKUSB directly to the NAV and I was able to update, now on MKTool Nav control appears green but my flight control has a red on the MK tool but I have a error "no receiver signal". I have a spektrum and I solder the satellyte correctly, then I configured the remote and receiver to acro, but when I open chanels on MK nothing moves not even one chanel :(,,,

When I started building the CS8 I tought it would be as hard as building a motorcicle but for me this is as hard as building a truck hahaha, I am totally new to this, I have been trying to suck information for almost 2 years but as much as I read is never enough. I hope some one knows about how to fix this error I looked in rcgroups, here, mk website, wiki, multirotors, google and nothing, or maybe I am not lookign in the right direction haha.

10. Ivan Escasan

Ivan Escasan New Member

Oh men!!!!!!!!!! after looking at the wiki and comparing it to the picture I took to ask on the forum I realize that I soldered in a totally different place hahaha It was 5 am when I did it so I guess I need to sleep hahaha, I hope that it will get fix soldering it the correct way.

Attached Files:

11. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Glad you got it resolved, Ivan.

Andy.

12. Ivan Escasan

Ivan Escasan New Member

I want to thank Jason Smoker and Andy.

I got it finally without errors now I just need to find a good tut on how to program the DX8

13. Jason Smoker

I glad you sorted it out!!!
    You don't need to program the dx8 the standard settings are fine!!! just make sure your trims are zero when u calibrate and you are good to go!!
    since you are newbie check this website its some good info on there!!

http://www.mkmanual.com/

good luck!! :)