/dist/images/branding/favicon

MK FC stabilisation of FPV Camera won't work...

Discussion in 'Camera Mount Misc' started by Daniel Gowland, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Daniel Gowland

Daniel Gowland New Member

Is it possible and if so how does the MK FC2.1 stabilise a Gymbal for a FPV camera...?

I have the control of two servos for the gimbal working via the dials on the Grumpner MX-20 transmitter. The MK stabilised gimbal is for piloting a CS8 MikroKopter FC2.1. There is a three axis gimbal attached with Radians for the production camera operator.
    Attached below is a picture of the MK Tools settings for the piloting camera gimbal I have installed. Is there something in these settings that appear wrong, as there is still no stabilisation via the piloting gimbal servos.
    Thanks for this....
    Dan...
    MK Tools Camera Gimbal.jpeg

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Dan I would not install a stabalized the FPV camera. If you stabilize it you and it were working correctly the camera would show you an image that it was level while the copter is out of control, example in a bank to the right. Would be very easy to lose situational awareness.

So yes you could do it but would suggest that you reconsider from a safety standpoint.

3. Josh Lambeth

Josh Lambeth Well-Known Member

I agree with Gary here. I would not stabilize the FPV camera. I am curious why you would want to have it stabilized?

Josh

4. Daniel Gowland

Daniel Gowland New Member

Thanks for the feed back, very interesting. The reason I use the stabilization in the FPV camera is that it makes the piloting smoother. I completely understand that the craft may be rolling and pitching back and forth which would look rough to the spotter who is monitoring via line of site, however as the pilot of the craft it enables me to focus on where and what I am doing. The stabilisation won't correct for the vertical slide or plummet. In the dji setup we can set endpoints in the software to limit the servo through and I always fly with a OSD.

I have been flying like this for a year or so with both the DJI Wookong and Nasa IMU and am totally convinced it's the way forward and safer. When the FPV camera is not stabilised I find myself correcting for the little movements and having to alter focus points due to things like speed and pitch changers among other things, where in fact the craft is behaving normally and doing its thing. Where i test and fly frequently is on an escarpment where it can get rather windy, frequently.

Anyway, how do i set the MK FC to allow me to stabilise the camera in the nick and roll...? I can control the camera via the transmitter at the moment, it just won't stabilise the fpv cam. by itself. I'll report back if it turns out to be a failure or is successful. Thanks again for your help.

Dan...

Attached Files:

5. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

Dan, if your convinced on going that way, go over to the Mikrokopter wiki page and look for camera settings under MK tool.

6. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member