/dist/images/branding/favicon

Assembling MK - BL controller problem?

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Sejer Stenum, Apr 22, 2013.

1. Sejer Stenum

Sejer Stenum New Member

I'm assembling a Cinestar 8 with MK electronics. I have recently soldered the eight BL-controllers to the PDB and the motor wires to the A, B and C connectors on the BL-controllers. To check the solderings, we used an OHM-meter to make sure there were no short circuits from A to B and from B to C on all the controllers. No short circuits were found, BUT! On BL-controller 1, there were no circuit at all between A and B. We are worried that we've screwed something up. So is this normal behavior?

Thanks!

/Sejer

2. Josh Lambeth

Josh Lambeth Well-Known Member

Can you post a high-res picture of that BL? Where did you purchase that you have to assemble the PDB??? I would have shot myself if I had to solder that thing! HA!

Josh

3. Sejer Stenum

Sejer Stenum New Member

I'll upload a picture later on. We bought it from mikrokopter.nu, and we had to solder on the BL-controllers to the PDB. Took a little while, but it wasn't that hard. Except, of course, if we have screwed something up. :(

Can anyone with a functioning bird make an OHM-meter check from wires A and B (blue and red) on BL-controller 1 and tell me if they get anything? That would be great, as we're kinda worried here. :/

/S

4. Sejer Stenum

Sejer Stenum New Member

Forgot to mention, that we're hoping that the fact that there are no jumpers set on BL-controller 1 is why theres no circuit between red and blue wire on that particular BL-controller... *fingers crossed!*

5. Josh Lambeth

Josh Lambeth Well-Known Member

If I could find my new set of tester leads I would test mine for you... but I can't find them. UGH

Josh

6. Sejer Stenum

Sejer Stenum New Member

Thanks Josh! Let me know if you find out anything. :)