/dist/images/branding/favicon

Can anyone check this gpx file...?

Discussion in 'Cinestar 8' started by Borja Casal, Apr 13, 2013.

1. Borja Casal

Borja Casal New Member

Hi. We had a major crash yesterday and we don´t understand what happened. Everything seam alright (CS8) and then the front boom starting rotating to the left without control or any comands given. After that it went straight to the groung falling on the right side.
    Sadly we dont know how to read the gpx file.
    Than for your time.

Borja Casal
    Paraphernalia films Spain

Attached Files:

2. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

OK, I took a quick look, and I see some alarming information.
    Here is the summary of motor/ESC currents and temperatures. As you can see motors 2 and 4 nearly twice the power of the other motors. And the temperature of motor 6 max'd out at 105°C, which is very high for such a short flight.
    This strongly implies to me that the copter is out of balance.
    Motor1: 1.1 2.1 3.5 A Temp: 24 35 41 °C
    Motor2: 10.0 12.9 17.6 A Temp: 20 56 71 °C
    Motor3: 0.5 1.1 2.3 A Temp: 23 38 45 °C
    Motor4: 11.8 16.0 20.6 A Temp: 24 66 86 °C
    Motor5: 1.4 3.2 4.9 A Temp: 24 45 55 °C
    Motor6: 0.0 7.9 9.9 A Temp: 19 77 105 °C
    Motor7: 1.0 3.0 4.5 A Temp: 16 36 45 °C
    Motor8: 0.2 6.2 9.8 A Temp: 20 63 81 °C
    It clearly doesn't look like a compass or GPS issue, as it appears you were flying in manual mode. But I would also be suspicious of either your ACC calibration or the stick trims on your transmitter. Turn your transmitter back on right now and check the stick trims.

3. Borja Casal

Borja Casal New Member

Hi Steve. Thanx for your time. So next step would be changing them. Right. Should I change all of them or should i just change 2 and 4?
    Thanx Again.
    Borja Casal.

4. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

No, I would say to start with swapping motors 3 and 4, and flying with that configuration. You want to know if the motors are the issue, and that may help figure that out. If you see similar numbers, then I'd say the problem is with the balance of your copter. Or something amiss with the Flight control.

Have you calibrated the ACC? There are three things that need calibrating: the compass (rarely), the ACC (rarely) and the gyros (every time you fly).

5. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Borja if you have the Xbee system so that you can wirelessly see the MK stack via the MKTool you can see the balance while in flight. Useful for this type of analysis.

6. Borja Casal

Borja Casal New Member

Hi. Thanx again Steve. I have already changed 2 and 4. So i´m gonna take it foa a spin to see what happens. When you say the Copter is out of balance. Do you mean the way the weight is on teh copter?
    Than again.

7. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

Borja, just looked at the file. By balance we mean if you were to suspend the copter fully loaded with gimbal and batteries from a string on the center point (lots of folks run a string to the battery plate) does it balance or is it tilting in one direction or another.

On your file if I saw motors 2, 3 and 4 running high then I would suspect that it was heavier on the right side. But only two of the motors are running hot and they are way over normal amperage pulls.

Can you share some more information. Motor type, prop type, batteries being used, all up weight. Thanks

Borja Casal likes this.
  8. Borja Casal

Borja Casal New Member

Hi gary, I have already change motors 2 and 4, calibrate everything. Gyros are ok, ACC leveled, we have made several times the gps calibration, we have even restored the MK settings and still doesn't take off. We switch the cs8, motors run and receive power but doesnt lift. Here is the gpx file from today after restoring everything and then put the settings as Andy recommends on his dvd. We have been trying for days and we are afraid that there could be something else more serious.
    we bought a CS8 RTF from quadrocopter so the motors are QuadroPower QC-3328 Motors, the props are APC 14x4.7, batteries lipo 6200 two of them, we usually fly with a 5D.

Attached Files:

9. Borja Casal

Borja Casal New Member

ok guys, we had two problems, one caused the mayor craft and its gps file its the first one we put on this thread. We still dont know what caused it.
    The second problem appeared after changing the motors, reset values on the MKT and recalibrate all; it didn't take off. Now we know what caused this; we wrongly connected the motors to the FCB. (black with blue, blue with black. red with red) Quite embarrasing...

If anyone can tell me how to learn to read the gps files I will appreciate it, I dont wont to bother more than needed.

10. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

Borja you can get the tool HERE