/dist/images/branding/favicon

What radio do you use for camera operation?

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Matt O'Brien, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Matt O'Brien

Matt O'Brien Member

Hi guys,

I currently run the camera for our rig and I started with the dx6i to begin but quickly realize I need to upgrade my radio and I am looking for something that works best for the 3 axis gimbal. I have seen a few videos with guys running the graupner hott mx-12 which is below and various other radios. I am not looking to spend a ton of money on this but I definitely want a radio that will be able to do everything I need. The reason the graupner remote stood out is because of the dual knobs on the top. Is this a needed feature for camera men or are there better spektrum remotes or any remotes for this matter that would be good for this application. Also is there a channel minimum I would need to stay with. I am new to this camera operation and just wanted some feed back of what you guys are using and how it works. Thanks

http://www.quadrocopter.com/Graupner-HoTT-MX-12_p_559.html

2. Jason Smoker

Jason Smoker Active Member

hey matt you can set-up your dx6i with another switch to make go into all the positions you need

3. Matt O'Brien

Matt O'Brien Member

o0o ok I didnt know that is there a link of some sort to see how to do that or do I just need to figure it out in the software? Also if I have the adjustment knobs on the other controller can that be setup to actively control the pan and tilt gains while in flight?

4. Jason Smoker

5. Jason Smoker

You cant change the gains while in flight. Has to be done via a usb to the radian

6. Matt O'Brien

Matt O'Brien Member

awesome thank you

7. Matt O'Brien

Matt O'Brien Member

Just curious will the gains change a lot depending on the weight of the camera? I imagine they would have to.

8. Jason Smoker

Yeah exactly also what lens you use