/dist/images/branding/favicon

Alternatives for attaching the gimbal mount plate?

Discussion in 'Camera Mount Misc' started by Dave Hipkiss, Apr 11, 2013.

1. Dave Hipkiss

Dave Hipkiss New Member

Hi All,

Ok so this has been bugging me for a while... And I believe, the only stupid questions are the ones you never ask, then regret later...

Do you really trust the 8 x M3, BHCS that hold your £?k gimbal and camera to your Cs6/8? (and of course the BHCS that go into the isolators)

Ok, there's 8 of them and I've got them doused in Loctite and torque seal to let me know if they're on the move, but they seem pretty small and feeble to hold up all that expensive stuff!

Anyone?

2. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

Dave Hipkiss likes this.
  3. Brad McGiveron

Brad McGiveron Active Member

Ya that's crazy Steve...:eek:

I regularly fly an Epic with CP lenses, focus and HD downlink all on the gimbal and there is literally no budge on those connections. I have been more worried about the clamps and slippage there. I did finally order some aluminum ones for a shoot in Africa I am doing in a few weeks. After thinking I guess the heat will expand and probably make them tighter anyways...

4. Jason Smoker

Jason Smoker Active Member

I have heard people using cable ties as back-up also!!;)

5. Joe Azzarelli

Joe Azzarelli Active Member

I bought the Allied Drone's quick release kit and thinking of switching out those aluminum screws with titanium but you know the screws might not be the weak link...

6. Dave Hipkiss

Dave Hipkiss New Member

Thanks for your thoughts guys. Steve, I'm sure anyone who's read your post will have checked theirs straight away! I know I did, thanks for sharing that.

Hadn't heard of Allied Drones, impressive stuff, wonder if they have a UK rep?