/dist/images/branding/favicon

Roll Twitch Issue: another thread

Discussion in '3 Axis Gimbal' started by Andrew Goodwin, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Andrew Goodwin

Hey All,

We've been racking our brains regarding this, and in all the forums (I could be missing it of course), I haven't seen Tabb respond. Tabb, any workarounds or solutions to this roll twitch problem so many are having?

Thanks so much in advance!

2. Philip Ellerbroek

Andrew,

I think the solution is the new MOVI from FF. It may be that the servo's simply aren't strong enough to stop the "pendelum" motion and it causes a twitch. That's my personal, non professional, evaluation.

Duane Bradley likes this.
  3. Sedric "Zellevision" Sari

Philip, not accepted. The radians and servos performs well. Just a mather of good hw setup and correct software config. I guess many sold, few complains, meaning they do their job, thats mho

4. Philip Ellerbroek

Sedric,

I'm not sure what you mean by "not accepted". I'm agreeing with Andrew that I have roll twitch issues ever since I started using Mark 3, despite all current software, balance, and proper setup. I've attempted to post constructive ideas and thoughts while also soliciting advice. Several others have expressed these difficulties with this setup. We have done so simply with the intent to improve operation, not to complain or be negative.

Phil

5. Sedric "Zellevision" Sari

I mean that radians with normal FF-servos should work fine too, the gimbal is made to handle cameras like M3 and should do so! And I do understand the problems, have some, just some too. But overall more setup problem, to find the right gain, the perfect roll balance, isolate vibes to the gimbal etc...