/dist/images/branding/favicon

CS8 - Wookong-m issue

Discussion in 'Cinestar 8' started by Aleksander Kirkeng, Apr 9, 2013.

1. Aleksander Kirkeng

Aleksander Kirkeng New Member

After 4-8 minutes of flight, my LED is flashing green constantly in any of the two modes (Atti/Gps). In the wookong manual, it is described as "IMU data loss". Anyone had the same problem?

2. Brandon Loeser

Are you flying the latest firmware? Are you flipping into Course Lock/POI/Home Lock during your flights?

3. Aleksander Kirkeng

Yeah, the latest firmware! No flipping on the IOC switch.. Im gonne deactivate those switches before next flight. Other suggestions are magnetic interference on the IMU. Should i try to reposition it?

4. Brandon Loeser

Can you take a picture of how you have your setup? Also is this a new issue or has it always done this?

5. Aleksander Kirkeng

This issue has always been there.. But I should mention that the craft is just built, and flown a total of 2 flights! So its pretty new ;) the IMU is on the left! bilde (16).JPG

6. Brandon Loeser

I think your setup is fine. I know it's a pain but I would recheck the current firmware... maybe even reinstall it. Then recalibrate your radio in the Wookong software. What radio are you using and do you have GPS/Atti/Man to a 3 position switch... also do you have Off/Home/Course lock to a 3 position switch?

7. Aleksander Kirkeng

Ill consider it!:) Im using a graupner mc-20, assigned both Mode and IOC to 3pos switches..

8. Brandon Loeser

Also try recalibrating your GPS. Are you letting it sit after start up to make sure it's getting more than 6 satellites? After it finds them it'll flash green to let you know it knows where home is. That whole process could be 20-30 seconds

9. Aleksander Kirkeng

Yeah, I Allways wait for Green flashes before takeoff. Its indicating normal status with one Flash!

10. Aleksander Kirkeng

By the way, thx for tip's!

11. Brandon Loeser

No problem. I'd try to recalibrating the GPS and recalibrating your radio on the Wookong software. After that take a screenshot so we can check for any weirdness going on.

12. Aleksander Kirkeng

Im pretty sure its the first voltagelevel protection! :) Kicks in at 23,1V (6s battery)

13. Brandon Loeser

So it's yellow you're seeing... not green then. We have our voltage protection turned off and we use telemetry to tell us at 22v. It'll give us enough time to come down and not have the copter land itself.

14. Aleksander Kirkeng

Yeah.. it must be! I,m currently using nano-tech 8000 6s battery. Any recomandations for Voltage setting in wookong MC? Thanks :)

15. Brandon Loeser

Here's a quick video from their website. It shows using a 6S battery so that'll help. Also check Page 36 on the manual: http://download.dji-innovations.com/downloads/wkm/en/WooKong_M_User_Manual_v3.9_en.pdf

It's sounds a bit complicated but it'll make sense after you read that page a couple of times. Ours is set on the Spektrum to tell us at 22v but it's not really down that low. It's because of the load on the motors... when we land it's about 23v.

16. Aleksander Kirkeng

Thank you Brandon! Really appreciate your help!

17. Paul Reilly

Paul Reilly New Member

The green flashing lights (medium speed flash) that occur during flight is quite definitely the First Level Protection warning (NOT to be confused with Set Home Position, which is a much faster flash). First Level Protection is a low-voltage warning, set in the WKM Controller using the DJI Assistant software. It's on the 'Voltage' tab. The reason it is intermittent is that it measures the on-load battery voltage, so it will a) tend to happen a few minutes into the flight b) get worse with hard climbs or manoeuvring or strong winds. Mine is now set to 14.8V (open-circuit) subtract 0.8 (volt drop) equals 14.0V alarm.
    I've tested this by running my machine on the bench, clamped down, and as the volts dropped, hey-presto, lights flashed at 14V. Mystery solved.

www.redcopters.co.uk