/dist/images/branding/favicon

Mövi: prices, shipping date ?

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Johannes Thor, Apr 5, 2013.

1. Johannes Thor

Johannes Thor Distributor

Hi Tabb, Hi Megan,

can you give us some info about the Mövi systems ? Can they be ordered, what are the exact prices, when will they ship ? I am getting a LOT of requests....

Regards
    Johannes

2. Fred Durand

Fred Durand New Member

3. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

4. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

This is no longer a hobby. There's lots of interesting little gimbally things that folks are building to fly GoPros and other small cameras on our quads and small copters, but the MoVI is a whole different animal. From the looks of it, there was a ton of R&D that went into this, not just a guy in his garage. So I ask you: if you want something that can effectively fly your Red Epic, how much are you willing to pay?

5. Fred Durand

Fred Durand New Member

the difference between the Cinestar gimbal and the movi is too large.
    $ 14,000 for three brushless motor is too much?

6. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

Well if you use the equation $10k CS8 to fly a $400 GoPro and $X to fly a $28K Epic setup then it seems to be a good deal.

7. Steve Maller

Judging from the responses I'm seeing all over the internet in the last 24 hours, I'm sure Tabb and his minions will sell all the MoVIs they can make. It's best to compare MoVI to a Steadicam rig or a conventional full-size copter gimbal, as nobody should consider a $20-30K investment to fly a $500 camera.

8. Dan Rosario

Dan Rosario New Member

I excited about this product and can't wait to get my camera on one. When does it look like it will hit the market and can we pre-order one?

9. Les Fitzpatrick

Les Fitzpatrick New Member

I'm typically a one-person production team using both ENG and small cameras. Is this a unit that requires two people to operate under most conditions or is this a tool I can acquire and use without additional personnel?

10. daniel hurst

daniel hurst New Member

Very interested in trying this out. I think this product will compete with something like the Tyler mini gyro or a steadicam, both are in a similar price range. This however looks like it will offer better stabilization than the Tyler and be easier to use than a steadicam. For aerial I am constantly going back and forth between the Tyler or Aerial Exposures and cineflex depending on the budget. This looks like it will fall somewhere in between-- but at the lower end of the price range. I would be great to have a way of mounting this to a vehicle or a way to strap it into the seat of a helicopter. How can we rent or demo this product? I am in Oregon.

11. Matt Aurisy

Matt Aurisy New Member

The one drawback I see is the battery setup. Looks like it's using LIpos. Nobody outside of the RC world uses them for anything. They should have made an option for Anton Bauer or something compatible with gear people already have.

12. Grayson Omans

Grayson Omans New Member

Wow Tabb! I hope you'll set aside some brushless gimbals for us lil' aerial guys first! :) Looks like the whole world is after this product!

13. Paul Watt

Paul Watt Member

I'd order the M10 right away if it could carry an epic w side handle, small monitor and a fujinon cabrio 19-90. Or however it could work with a setup of that type. Yeah, there's some hype on this thing right now, that's for sure.

14. Steve Maller

Tabb probably used a LiPo because he's got a lot around. But 12V is 12V, and I'm sure that's an easy fix.

15. Phil Macdonald

So the Movi 10, the handheld gimbal, is this a totally separate product in its build to the Movi MR. ie would you be able to mount the Movi 10 rather than the MR to the new HeavyLifter and use it both as an on the ground stedicam and also the gimbal for aerial footage....?

16. Steve Maller

My guess is there are two options: the gimbal mounted on a cage (the 10) or mounted on the CS landing gear (MR). I strongly suspect the gimbal itself is identical. Although folks have said there are two sizes (10 and 5 pound camera capability). Again, all should be revealed next week at NAB.

17. Wolfgang Armin

Wolfgang Armin Active Member

I'd love to see a kit to convert a M10 (or preferred M5) to a MR or vice versa. I've done so many things with my radian gimbal (mounted to crane and even steadicam) I'd be the first to buy a M5. I'm loking forward to see the specs of the systems, especially weight. I'd prefer to put it under a CS8, so I guess I have to wait for M5. I guess it might be the better strategy for you guys to start with M5 right away, before copycats arrive on the dancefloor (again).

18. Janne Hoglund

Janne Hoglund Member

Copycats or similar solutions will arrive, sooner or later, for good or bad.
    Any market dominated by only one brand is never any good for the end user.
    Competition brings up quality and down the price we all know that.

The price of the MoVI maybe high for many mulrirotor users, but for the Pro Moviemakers its a bargin compared to what they pay today for similar tools.

Regards.

/Janne

19. Brett Danton

Brett Danton New Member

I am sick of people complaining about prices of new technology, this is a game changer, and anybody who thinks it should be cheaper has no idea on a large production what differences this will make. The shots it opens up in the 4k world will be amazing, this is a tool for people who like serious quality.

Steve Maller likes this.
  20. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member