/dist/images/branding/favicon

CINESTAR 8 WOOKONG M FLIPS and crashes on TAKEOFF

Discussion in 'Cinestar 8' started by David Gamble, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Brad McGiveron

Brad McGiveron Active Member

Ya if your motor number 2 is to the right then that's your problem;).

As long as the rest of your config is correct hehe

Brandon Loeser likes this.
  2. David Gamble

David Gamble Member

I had the esc's numbered in a clockwise fashion 1-8 however this should had been in a counter clockwise fashion. I have just re wired the esc's to the mc and will try again in the am and let you know what happens. thank you so much Brandon for your help. There are not too many Wookong-M people out here in cinestar land. Another question.. did you buy the datalink and if so the 900? or the 2.4k?

3. Brandon Loeser

Fingers crossed!!!! Let us know how it goes. As for the datalink... we use a separate FPV system that one of our guys had already so I can't help you on that one.

4. David Gamble

David Gamble Member

WOW! :) it flies.

Ok so now the only thing to recheck is the right stick. seems all backwards at the moment. But I want to thank you all again for your help. Spent hours scratching my head on this one as the props all were turning the right direction! SO now the tweaking and the video downlink. I need to get some telemetry off this so, I am going to buy the dji datalink system unless there is another viable option out there someone knows about for battery levels and heading?

Thanks again to you all for helping!

Brandon Loeser likes this.
  5. David Gamble

David Gamble Member

Brad did this happen to you as well? thanks again for that, I had almost sent back all the DJI stuff and ordered MK. Im so glad (so far) that I did not. I have to now figure out the best way to get the telemetry. What do you use?

6. Brad McGiveron

Brad McGiveron Active Member

hehe... It did on my first small quad a few years back and since then I have been vigilant about checking when hooking anything up.

On my WKM's I use the IOSD for my monitoring of telemetry. You need a down link to see it and you can use the DJI downlink or a 3rd party.

7. Ben Hall

Ben Hall New Member

the dji osd is a great tool to add to your machine . it will show you the current voltage and give you an artificial horizon but the biggest gain from it is it also logs the data from the flight . all be it a bit difficult to read to untrained eyes . but it will log all data and if or when you have a problem at least then you have the ability to capture it . i have made a couple of cinestar machines with wookong m and they flew great . but i still think dji have issues with quality control . i have built a few machines with dji wookongs and naza's and have come across a fair few faults . i really suggest the osd . at least that way you can have the stored data just incase .

IMPORTANT
    i dont know if you have done this yet but it is very very important that you do setup the fail safe correctly and also setup the throttle type .
    throttle type is easy make sure you pick intelligent in the assistant software . choosing immediate will cut the motors if you lower the throttle below 10 % even if flying ( dont ask me how i know )

the failsafe setup ( i only ever setup on spektrum so this is what i know but i think most radios will be the same )
    with spektrum the radio will fail safe the channels to the posistion they were at when the rx and tx were bound .
    the wookong can be setup to return home or hover if radio signal is lost . but this only works if you have the radio failsafe setup correctly .

so heres what you do again i only used spektrum so consult your radio manual to see if the fail safe setups the same

bind your rx and tx . and setup all your controls in the assistant software . 3 pos switch for gps atti man . 3 pos switch for inteligent orientation and all the others that you want to work . ( you have obviously got past this point cause you have a flying machine )

once your setup if you go to the tx setup page you will see all your channels on the top then lower you will see the flight mode bar with the following
    gps failsafe atti failsafe man
    check as you flick the flight mode switch to the three posistion it correctly highlights the modes
    right heres the important part ..

when you turn off your transmitter what happens . if you havent setup any fail safe in the radio you will find that the throttle will default back to 0 % and the flightmode will probally go to gps . if this happens you will be in for a crash if you lost radio signal .
    this is because the flight controler is now seeing 0% throttle this will set it in to decend if the intelligent throttle is selected or even worse in to free fall if immediate throttle setting is selected .
    you must make sure that the throttle setting stays above 10 % and that the failsafe segment of the flight mode bar is high lighted when you turn off your radio .
    with spektrum you would just adjust the travel adjust on the throttle on the lower setting till you can see the throttle bar in the assistant software rise above 10 % i always played safe and ran it higher . but as long as it over 10 % its fine . then adjust the travel adjust for the 3 pos switch so when in the the 0 posistion or the gps posistion it doesnt select gps but instead the failsafe segment . so now on that switch as you flick it you will have failsafe atti and man . with the switch in the failsafe posistion you would rebind the tx and rx as normal then go back and undo all the settings in the assistant software . so that the 3 pos switch selects gps atti man and the throttle is now adjusted back to how it was originally . now when you power off the tx . the failsafe posistion is where is was when you had adjusted the endpoints . and if all has worked correctly . the flight mode should jump to fail safe and the throttle should stay up above 10 % .

i hope all of this helps ( if you hadnt already done this ) . hope it makes sense cause writing is certainly not a strong point .

Chris Newman likes this.
  8. David Gamble

David Gamble Member

Hi there :O) So if i read this correctly, turn to gps mode and make the blue bar appear in failsafe mode in assistant software, then turn off the radio. then "write" to the mc while radio is off. unplug batteries and replug to restart the mc.turn on radio! plug in again to computer, power up mc and turn on assistant software. make sure 3 posit switch is showing normal when switching to man,atti,gps... turn off radio and this should say failsafe. (making sure throttle is above 10%) and all should be well?

let me know if I got this right. I'll make those changes as soon as I know I am clear :)

its not so clear in the books im reading :)

9. Ben Hall

Ben Hall New Member

hi i think you misunderstood . i have just read a bit of the failsafe setup of yor radio . it looks like you just your radio what travel you want on the channels you need to activate the failsafe . so the throttle and the flight mode channel . just adjust the respective channels . so the throttle goes above 10 % and that the flight mode bar goes in to fail safe ikon . it looks like on your radio you just set the travel for each of them channels and press save . but i dont have much experience with the mx - 20 .

i can show a video if it helps of how it should operate . if that helps . i will get it posted up as soon as i do a quick video

10. David Gamble

David Gamble Member

Hi Ben, thanks but its not required, I am halfway through setting it up and it seems to be working thus far :) adjusting the channels on the mx 20 is pretty straight forward. Its having the guts to turn off my radio that will be the real challenge :eek: